Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Samsung:track changes randomly and Webplayer Microsoft Edge icon appears with no reason

Spotify on Samsung:track changes randomly and Webplayer Microsoft Edge icon appears with no reason

I am using Spotify Premium on my Samsung Galaxy since a few weeks, suddenly today tracks started stopping after 2 seconds and passed authomatically to other Russian songs I never had heard before, and the "web player microsoft edge" appeared written down with its icon. I tried several time to change the mode to "Smartphone" but it would not work anyway. I never connected to spotify from my laptot or microsoft edge so I do not know what is happening, I tried to close the app, close the account, uninstall the app and install it back but it doesn't work. Tracks I chose are interrupted after a few seconds and a new music I never chose (always from a Russian band or playlist) appears and on the display sometimes Spotify asks to chose between WebPlayer and the Smartphone but still, chosing the smartphone mode does not solve the problem!

What should I do? thank you!

3 Replies

Hey there @ilakal

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

We'd first recommend checking this article where you'll find a few tips on how to secure your account.

In case you think someone has gained access to your account, we'd recommend following all the steps in this article. If this doesn't do the trick, you can reach out to our Support team here. They'll be happy to assist you further and check if everything is in order with your account.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to let us know.

Have a good one!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Almost ever detail is exactly what has happened to my premium account.past few months web player stops what Im listening to and plays something similar and I could easily turn it back to what I was listening to before . But Last night , Monday Feb 17 2021, while bopping around Walmart as usual, setting the pace with pop music Bluetooth speaker on high volume,,,, web player ,,,which I never use, interrupted with some Russian music and I could not turn it off even now back home ....and I cant play my lists ....desk top also....Ive never done facebook, or twitter and deleted extensions on chrome. Signed out every where but then I had to sign back in right? and it was still happening...come on ....Im whining I need my music ...... come on Spotty what is up.

Hey there @shineon4me,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. We're sorry to hear about this.

We suggest that you follow the steps that @Novy presented in her last reply, such as removing access to third-party apps, keeping your device’s firmware, operating system, and/or anti-virus software up-to-date for general online security and resetting your password.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts