Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify web player hijack

Solved!

Spotify web player hijack

Hi,

I am using a spotify premium account which is connected to facebook. The last couple of weeks some weird recently listened artists kept showing of which I was very sure I never would listen to.  Sometimes after a playlist is done playing I get some random music but not as random as this selection. Al featuring pretty low average listeners/followers. I freaked out a little and directly changed my facebook password making sure to logout all facebook sessions. I did the same thing on my spotify account. Today while I was listening to some music during work, a web player showed up in spotify connect. It started playing the same songs from the same weird artists. What is going on? How can i find out who is logged onto my spotify account? I found some posts directing me to changing my password on linked services, which I did twice. I am using two factor authentication when available, so my mail and facebook are protected.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again @originalcred,

Could you please take a look at this support article again and confirm me you tried every step shown there 🙂

It's very important to do that.

Let me know how it goes and 

Have a nice day!

Luke

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @originalcred,

When someone got access to your Spotify account, please visit the Spotify account site and click on sign out everywhere and change your password here.

SignOut_Everywhere_twitter.png

Also, you should follow the steps shown in this support article.

Have a nice day!

Luke

LukeSpotify Star

Thx!

I already did this about a week ago. This time I changed my mail password as well. The weird thing is that both my email and facebook use two-factor authentication so unauthorized logins are almost impossible. I am wondering where the unauthorized logins, come from. Is there some way spotify reps can check this?

Marked as solution

Hey again @originalcred,

Could you please take a look at this support article again and confirm me you tried every step shown there 🙂

It's very important to do that.

Let me know how it goes and 

Have a nice day!

Luke

LukeSpotify Star

I do believe it worked this time around. I changed every password. Still, I think this is a rather weird phenomenon that spotify should look into. As I said, I use 2-factor authentication on every service that applies such a security matter. 

Suggested posts