Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify will not connect on new Samsung smart watch

Spotify will not connect on new Samsung smart watch

Plan - premium family

Country - U.S.

Device

Samsung Galaxy Watch Model SM- R810NZKaXAR (and Samsung Galaxy 8 Active)

Operating System

Android on the phone, updated, standard updated on the watch

My Question or Issue

A huge use of my new smart watch will be to stream music. I have no issues with Spotify on my phone or Kindle Fire Stick or Tablets or anywhere else. I can download it onto my new watch. It invites me to log in. I use the correct user name and password but it cannot connect. It gives me the message "Unable to log in" and below that "Connect to wifi or mobile networks to start listening". I have checked, and the phone and watch are connected via Bluetooth and everything else on the watch,  such as the YouTube app, works fine. This is a big deal to me so hopefully it is corrected. I am concerned because no one is replying to all of the complaints on the app page (which is just a wall of upset Spotify users at this point) and I see that this is something people have noted here as well. I would switch streaming services if it could not be remedied, as much as I hate to, having been with Spotify as a premium user for a couple of years now. I am not going to buy a new phone and watch for a streaming app, however.  Thank you for your help. 

1 Reply

Hey @Jenjanuz, help's here. 

It sounds like the connection issue you're having is similar to the one described on this thread. If it is, we suggest that you comment and add a vote there. 

Hope that helps!

Suggested posts