Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Strange Device using Spotify

Strange Device using Spotify

I know there's the option to remove Offline Devices but is there an option to see/remove any connected devices. There has sometimes been a device using my spotify called XF and some numbers following but I can't see an option to check what devices I do have connected. Things such as Facebook allow you to see devices and dates, this needs to be a feature if it isn't already.

Also I have changed my password but it hasn't logged my out of my spotify on my laptop or phone which I guess means they wont be logged out either.

10 Replies

Hi @Pruney. You're on the right track here. To sign out of all of your devices you can follow the instructions here. That should take care of the issue, but let me know if it doens't. Cheers!

I started having this as well yesterday. Even taking over what was playing.

Suddenly my Spotify started playing German HipHop on a device called "GoD <3".

I did log off all my devices before, changed my passwords, etc ... and still this sometimes happens. I'm a bit concerned with Spotify's security now.

I have the same question, too. There was another unknown device using my acount to play music and tried to log me out. The unknown user even used my acount to log in Spotify Community. I have already changed my password and hoping it would not happen again, but I still want to know what's wrong with this issue.

Hey @ElmerWu & @kristof3,

Have you been able to take @LordRollin' previous advice and log out of all devices? And if so has it fixed the issue?

I will be right here 🙂

Has this solved your issue? If it has please click  ‘Accept as a Solution’ and consider adding a ‘Like’!

Robert_WRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Temporarily yes, for a coupe of days. I had it again this morning. Don't
know why this is happening. I tend to choose pretty secure passwords and I
change them often.

Not a nice feeling ... 😞

Hi @kristof3,

Thanks for updating me. I understand your concern.

In this case I would suggest that you follow the steps here: 

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_help/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-accoun...

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/privacy/protect-your-spotify-account/

If after doing these steps outlined you have any more questions either now or in the future please do let me know 🙂

Thanks!

Has this solved your issue? If it has please click  ‘Accept as a Solution’ and consider adding a ‘Like’!

Robert_WRock Star 11

Thank you for suggestion. Indeed, when I noticed that someone was using my account playing music, I logged out all devices immediately. But when I ran Spotify app again, the unknown device was still playing music through my account. Finally I changed my password and this issue had been no longer occured. What I concern about is the security mechanism of Spotify. It looks like that the issue occurs frequently on many Spotify users, and this make me feel the cyber safety of Spotify is unreliable.

Hey @ElmerWu,

Great to hear that you took them steps 🙂

I have also gone ahead and passed your feedback on to the right folks.

All the best!

Robert_WRock Star 11

Now it gets even stranger.

I'm paying for a Family Premium and wanted to add a family member.

When she received the invite and accepted, the spotify page said that she was about the be added as Familify member to some guy called "Thierry Piccard".

Spotify, fix your security issues!!! This is getting ridiculous.

Kristof

Hey @kristof3!

Just to check could the user please check here under Account to insure this is the correct account. From there you will also be able to check if there are any other accounts linked to it, particularly any that are not recognized.

If anything odd under the family plan is found please screen shot me this information here (remember to cancel out any personal information) and I will get a closer look taken at it 🙂

Please do keep me updated!

Robert_WRock Star 11

Suggested posts