Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Streaming the same music on multiple devices simultaneously

Streaming the same music on multiple devices simultaneously

This has been discussed before but I want to add my voice to the ability for Premium users to be able to stream the same music simultaneously in several rooms. Even if you charge a little extra for that capability.

I have Spotify on my PC (Windows 7) and my Bose SoundTouch. I want to play the stream in a couple of different rooms at the same time. Unless there is a specific technical reason, I see no reason why that should not be allowed.

Spotify folks: like I said, even if you charge a little more for this capability, Premium customers should be able to do this.

11 Replies

Try Chromecast Audio. This allows the setup you're looking for. 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Thanks for the suggestion. Reading up on it, it is difficult to separate the facts from the marketing hype. It looks like it does not have a Windows App, so I can only use it from my Android phone. Do you use Chrome Audio?  Can you plug it into a traditional stereo system aux-input to play through those speakers as well?

Hey there!

Chrome Audio does work, in fact. Also, if you have an aux cable, yes it will play from your device (not the chromecast). There is a windows desktop app. Try this link from the device you want to download on - https://www.spotify.com/download/. Should automatically let you do the .exe install.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

We pay for 6 streams on the family plan so it should not matter it they are played by individual users or all under one users account. The same way Netflix, Sling and MOST all other video subscription services do now.

I agree with the need . spotify detects Yamaha, Denon, Sonos, but is not able to cast directly to Denon and Yamaha at the same time. That would be a killer feature .

In 2021, is it still not possible to listen on multiple devices? I can't find a solution. Thanks

Agree. I used to be able to play across all devices in my house while cleaning and now that option is gone! Very unhappy.

This would be such a useful feature because the multi-room systems are intentionally incompatible. Often they are even incompatible to older systems of the same brand ;(

It is very sad that this is not a feature. I would really like to be able to play my music throughout the house without having to wire everything together or invest in overpriced speaker systems like Sonos. 

Hey @beepboop1101,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

If you want to see a new feature implemented, you can submit a feature request as described here. Just make sure to cover all the guidelines, so we can accept it as a new suggestion.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

This feature should be a basic thing to incorporate.  I have premium, all streamers are on a wired network.  I have a couple locations where I want a high quality streamer, and some that only need "okay" ones.  I would probably use 5 all told.  The data stream is simply addressed to different targets on the same subnet.  Is there a technical reason this can't be done, or a workaround?

Suggested posts