Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount charged immediately w/o verification

Solved!

Student Discount charged immediately w/o verification

I attempted to get the student discount Spotify Premium subscription from my iPhone on the Google Chrome app and put my credit card info and went to the next page where I attempted to select my school and had no luck moving onto the next page. I tried on the Safari app, put my credit card info once again, went to the next page to select my school and still had trouble so I quit trying. I checked my bank account online and saw two immediate charges from Spotify of $5.40! I DO NOT have the Premium service (I tried logging out/logging back in and removing/reinstalling the app) and still don't have Premium. Spotify needs to set up the school verification first and if it goes through then have the credit card info put in on the next page after verification is successful with your school. As of now I just want my money back for both charges and do not wish to get Premium because of this mishap.
84 Replies

@amberosterbrink

You should contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you out. They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I had this happen to me how do I get my money back?

@georgia191

You should contact customer support through this link:

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star

This is bull crap I was getting service under the student discount and I selected the school and my card was charged and I still didn't get my dang premium

@jackiecunningha

Did you get an email receipt for your subscription purchase? In it, it shows your Spotify username:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout, and be sure to use it to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

You can login to the website to check the status of your subscription here:

and also check your receipts here:

osorniosSpotify Star

I'm glad I didn't put my credit twice I just put it in once but they charged me immediately !!! but of course failed to verify me as a student what the ***** they better verify me manually on their side and if they can't I want my money back immediately before I send them to The chase fraud departments

@Alisonrojas94

Try using this site to validate:

https://spotify.sheerid.com/

In any case, you should contact customer support through this link:

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.
osorniosSpotify Star

I am having the same problem! How do I get my money back?

@Hannaht1

You need to contact customer support through this link:

osorniosSpotify Star

I currently have Spotify premium but my boyfriend told me I qualify for the student one since he did. I tried to switch to it but it wouldn't let me. I was going to cancel my overall Spotify but when I found out the student was half off I got excited. How can I make the switch? I'm having difficulty..

@Deppswifey95

Are you in the US?

Try using this site to validate:

https://spotify.sheerid.com/

If it succeeds, when you log back in your Spotify account, and look under the subscription tab the price will change to $4.99 for your upcoming renewal date.

osorniosSpotify Star

I had the same thing happen to me today! I was charged $5.34 for the student discount, but I didn't get my premium. I contacted Spotify, so I should be okay right?

This has just happened to me as well! The money is still being held on my credit card as pending and I want to be sure I am not charged for something I never recieved!

I was also charged twice for 4.99 without verification and did not notice until a day later. Spotify please fix this asap!

@daveeed562

Did you get an email receipt for your subscription purchase?

In it, it shows the Spotify username you paid for:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use it, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

If you didn't get any email receipt, sometimes the amount gets 'on hold' even if the charge doesn't go through. Normally the amount gets back to your bank account a day or two later.

In any case, you should contact customer support through this link:

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.
osorniosSpotify Star

This just happened to me too - did you ever get your money back? 

Same exact thing just happened to me. You'd think they would fix it??!

Not at all

Im having the same issue and it frustrates me this has happened twice now the first time I tried contacting Spotify they never got back or atleast I never saw an email sent back now I'm being charged and I once again don't have verification I just want my money back as well but

Hey @Pink3442,

Since you already contacted them, and received no reply, check your email address in your profile page to see if it's the correct one.

Or send your message directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts