Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student verification with SheerID - nightmare

Solved!

Student verification with SheerID - nightmare

Hi,

Screenshot 2019-04-20 at 01.05.45.png

I am using Spotify Premium almost 2 years already, but two weeks ago I received an email to reverify my account and for some reason I didn’t succeed then. Today I decided to try again and I was shocked how bad my experience was again with this SheerID or whatever is. I got a form to fill with my names email(this one I am using for my account not my student account) and when you fill everything redirects you to I guess specific login page from my uni. So I entered my account credentials and ShreerId showed me that I wasn't verified, for some reason. I am asking why I wasn't verified since I am sure I entered the right username and password for my uni account. And hoiw hard is to use my uni email to verify me instead of stupid login forms and etc which obviously don’t  work... And on the top of this I received and email on my uni email that I wasn’t verified and to try again, wth? When I click try again the forms wants to upload photos/documents whatever for verification. Well I will never ever upload documents to any company whatsoever but what is going on here. Why the **bleep** this process went so hard to be used? What happened with the click this link to be verified? I can send you an email from my uni email if you want, so going to be easier to be verified? Or you send me a link and that’s it... If the only way is to upload a document/photo forget about it. I will start using cracked versions..... 
Btw I have both Unidays and NUS verified accounts. Unidays as well wants to verifying you every years, but the process there obviously is simply not that complicated like the one we have here?

Thanks in advance....

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Text to SheerID and got verified. 
If anyone else has this problem, don't waste your time here, just contact them.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Thanks for reaching out to the Community, @beBoss!

I understand that you are frustated with the verification process for the student discount on Spotify Premium.  It sounds like your issues are a result of you not uploading the required documentation to verify that you are a student.  If you upload a picture of your student ID, Spotify should be able to confirm your student status to give you the discount.  This process has likely become more intensive in order to prevent user fraud.  Uploading identification documents such as IDs or licenses is a fairly common verification practice for companies offering an online service, as there is no other way to complete this process virtually.  The documentation requirement is simply a security feature to ensure that users are not taking advantage of the student discount if they are not actually students, and Spotify will not share your information or use it for any other purpose.  Uploading the necessary documentation should solve your problem, but if you choose not to follow the terms and conditions of the student discount, unfortunately you will not be able to utilize its benefits.

I hope this helps!

Yes, but no. You are wrong! I don't need to upload any document since there is an option to verify without uploading anything. The option is called login into my university account. And the thread is about why is this option not working???? Why after login into the system I get the message in the first post? 

Uploading a document? No way. I don't want to share my personal information with spotify, this is to collect personal infromation and I don't want to do it. 

"to prevent user fraud", how exactly I can be a fraud since I have my student email? And I haven’t used it for more than 2 years? And how a uploaded photo can proove anything? I easly can do whatever on photoshop?????

Now please, If someone can get me a proper answer that would be great....
Fix your system without asking users for their personal information! I know you want to collect more info and to sell it later but no I won't be one of them(or it's time to play a bit with photoshop?)

P.s. I am now at the uni, and using their network, tried again to verify my account.
Went trough the steps and sheerid asked me again to login into university website for verification, so I did it and I got this message:

Verification complete. This was on a blank page and nothing else happened...
And nothing else. What that means and after I have completed it why in my spotify profile I still have to verify myself??? And why when I try again it says that I have already "redeemed this offer"??? Since the first try was successful still not verified**bleep** is so annoing! Please fix your platform for verification, it's ridiculous! 

Marked as solution

Text to SheerID and got verified. 
If anyone else has this problem, don't waste your time here, just contact them.

Hello, I have the same problem After I login into my university page I saw the same page with the message: verification was already completed, and they NOTHING happened, no email, nothing! So, I decided to text sheerid via email and they told me that I have to sent them the documentations, but I chose the other way to prove I’m a student… what can I do? Can you help me? Thank you

Hey @ale301,

Thanks for the post.

Can you go into your account page and check whether you can subscribe for Premium Student from there?

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @Alex,

I couldn't verify my student profile via SheerID. I can provide you with the documents. Could you please help me to speed up the process as well?

Thanks.

Hi there @an0th3rhuman,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

We're not able to speed up the process as it's only Sheer-ID are the ones who take care of verifications.

Can you let us know what happens when you try to verify your Student profile?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello, right now I also encountered a problem when trying to subscribe for a Spotify premium student subscription, but my problem is a bit different.

I filled in all of the information about me correctly, my university is on the list and the file format for the document is also right. But still somehow every time when I click on “submit” only the “bad gateway” message pops up. I tried using the incognito window but still nothing changed. 

I don’t know if it’s solvable by myself or I should contact SheerID.

I hope that you can help me with this inconvenience, thank you in advance !

EC12E1D8-DDB9-448E-83FE-D5297F637F20.png

Hey @nimaruka,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

If you haven't already, here are a couple of things you can try out:

• Clear your browser's saved cache and data and try again.
  • Use a different browser. For example, if you normally use Google Chrome, try with Microsoft Edge.
  • Use a different device. You can try from your computer, instead of your mobile device and vice versa.
  • Try changing your network. In case you don't have another one available, you can use a mobile data hotspot.

Hope something here helps and does the trick for you, reach out if you need more help! 🙂 

LyubkaModerator

when i try to pic my university id by sheerID i just get a blank white page

Hamo_G4mer_0-1691415632849.png

Hey @Hamo_G4mer,

Thanks for your reply here and for the screenshot share.

Just to confirm, are you able to see your university in the list? If yes, please let us know. If you don't see it, keep in mind that if you don't see the university, you'll need to submit a request to SheerID to ask for your school to be added to the list of approved institutes. Requests will take a minimum of 30 days to be reviewed.

If you can see it, but you get redirected to this blank page, we'd suggest you follow some of the suggestions made by @Lyubka above. If the verification is successful, you will receive an email with the steps to follow to apply the discount to your account. Once the steps are completed, the discount will be applied to your account as of your next billing date (if you already have an active plan).

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator

Suggested posts