Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student verification

Student verification

I am trying to upgrade to the student discount version. I entered my payment and school information and the message that pops up says "We were unable to validate your student details. Please check your status and try again." I am most definitely a student, but I don't know why it isn't letting me proceed, even if all of my information is correct.
11 Replies

I am having the same problem! Also, I was unaware that Spotify offered a student discount, and I've been a student the past 5 years! Is it possible to be refunded all these years?? I can provide proof I was a student all this time.

I've read that they don't do discounts for that. Which is a bummer!

Hey there @Rshelag8 and @Valeriebrooke, welcome to the community!

As you may know, the student discount is available to users in the U.K., US, and Germany. Each one has a different way of verifying eligibility so it helps to know which country you are located in. 

If you're in the US, and your receiving the error that you can't be verified, just go to https://spotify.sheerid.com/ and it should solve any issues. If you received a charge previously and you didn't get the premium because you weren't verified, don't worry about those charges. They will clear within a week.

Now for previous purchases of Premium, unfortunately Spotify can't refund you the difference for those months.

If you guys have any more questions or concerns, just let me know! 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

2 days ago I signed up for the student discount and it said they couldn't verify me so I entered my information and they said they would get back to me. However, I've already been charged the $5 but I still don't have premium. Right now I checked again and it said I'm verified but I have to enter my payment again. I don't want to be charged twice

@vansaddict wrote:
2 days ago I signed up for the student discount and it said they couldn't verify me so I entered my information and they said they would get back to me. However, I've already been charged the $5 but I still don't have premium. Right now I checked again and it said I'm verified but I have to enter my payment again. I don't want to be charged twice

Hey there @vansaddict!

That charge for $5 will be returned within a week. (See my reply above.)

If you go to https://spotify.sheerid.com/ and get verified, you will be safe with entering your payment details and you should receive the premium. Let me know how it goes!

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Okay I put my payment information again, on my bank account i see 2 charges from spotify, i hope I get my $5 back

@vansaddict wrote:
Okay I put my payment information again, on my bank account i see 2 charges from spotify, i hope I get my $5 back

@vansaddict Did it work this time? Hopefully it did! 🙂 But yeah don't worry about any of the charges, they'll clear within a week.

How do you verify you are a student in the UK?

I was charged for the student discount when I decided to buy spotify premium but found out I couldn't because Im not in any of the countries that are valid for the discount so I went to buy the normal premium but it charges the $6 instead of the $12 but I dont have premium yet nor do I have the ability to use the student discount.

Hello Spotify, how do I verify as a student in Australia?

Is the student discount valid in Canada too?

Suggested posts