Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subscription - failed payment and giftcard

Solved!

Subscription - failed payment and giftcard

Hello,

I have encountered the following problem: recently, I tried to renew my subscription by using the option of single payment, directly from bank account. Unfortunately, this option has dissapeared somehow within the last month (I tried to pay from Poland). Consequently, I tried to renew the subscription with my payment card, but Spotify kept informing me about some "problem with the execution of payment" and I've read that they'll try to charge me in a few days. I didn't want to wait and lose the possibility to play my saved music if something goes wrong, so i bought a gift-card and I used the code.

Right now, I can read on my page that "there is still some problem with payment" and that I can cancel my subscription. I would do that so I could erase the data concerning my payment card, but I'm afraid it will make void my gift-card (i have already used this code, i've got an email from spotify and I can see it in my payment confirmation)

How do I cope with that problem? Thank you in advance ;).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@overtherainbow

You can login to the website to check the status of your subscription here:

and also check your receipts here:

You should check the date when your subscription ends, that way you'll know if the giftcard was taken into account.

After checking that, it's safe to remove your payment info, but to do that you need to cancel your subscription. You will still be premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

To remove your payment info

1. Go to your Subscription and payment overview --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

@overtherainbow

You can login to the website to check the status of your subscription here:

and also check your receipts here:

You should check the date when your subscription ends, that way you'll know if the giftcard was taken into account.

After checking that, it's safe to remove your payment info, but to do that you need to cancel your subscription. You will still be premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

To remove your payment info

1. Go to your Subscription and payment overview --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts