Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

This track is unavailable, if you have the file on your computer you can import it

Solved!

This track is unavailable, if you have the file on your computer you can import it

I don't own, nor have I downloaded the musc in questions (for the record I'm trying to play I See Stars).  Yet I am being told that This track is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.  I have  unchecked  all the local locations in preferences on my two computers and logged out of every computer/IOS device using this account.

Further confusing is that this is the first time I have ever heard of this band and would in no way have their music on my computer.  Also confusing is that unchecking the local locations in preferences seems to work as music I do have in itunes is not being synced.

Any idea?  I was about to reup my premium after I untired this **bleep** from Facebook, but this is making me thing twice.

63 Replies

yeah  i wish this solution worked for me but theres no choice but to ignore that i have spotify on my laptop in general. yeah spotify, fix this bug or im gonna die.

i still get this error, i dont know what to do

has anybody got the solution already?

how do you go to offiline devices?

how do you go to offline devices?

Fixed it! I had this same problem.

-Uninstall all offline devices.

-Uninstall Spotify from your computer

-Go to your downloads folder and delete the spotify installer

-Re-install spotify and log in

-Start playing a song from one of your other devices

-Switch the device to "play on this computer" in the middle of a song

This should switch the song and it will start to play on your computer and you can then play other songs as well.

I guess I can't **bleep**ing say I'm surprised this didn't work.

In such cases I think the track should also appear in grey color to prevent a double frustration.

Thanks a lot! I followed your intructions and now my Spoty works!

What if I don't have any offline device?

Hi! I still have this problem after trying to do all the things you folk adviced me to. 

I'm **bleep**in* frustrated now,.. Any ideas anyone? I bought a new laptop yesterday, an Asus, I only my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is playing spotify as it should. 

-Viking from Norway

Marked as solution

I believe that all you need to do is delete local files cache. To do so, go to %appdata% roaming spotify users you and delete localfiles file (spotify must be off), turn on again and all works normal.

This was the only solution that worked for me! Thanks
Marked as solution

I fixed this problem by disabling my local files.. I had the song I was unable to play on my PC and someone it interfered.

So, just disable all of your local files in Settings and then try again. (I also removed the actual song from my PC but I don't think that's necessary)

Happy listening!

I already encounter this problem. I've done. Disable my Local Area Connection and Reset. 🙂 Silly. Hope it helps

I have the same problem. Is there such a thing as a Spotify helpdesk which could let us know what is the matter and solution to this problem exactly? Thanks.

Uncheck offline mode

Hi,

I tried this solution, but I had no offline devices to remove on my account. This is only happening on my Windows PC, not my iPhone.

Any other ideas to resolve?  Thanks!

Yeah this fix NOT work for me... Song plays online (like via the website) but not in my software.

This Worked!! Thank you!! Annoyed me to death...

Every solution not solve for me. The last solution,, you must uninstall your  app. That's solve fo me:)

Suggested posts