Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

This track is unavailable, if you have the file on your computer you can import it

Solved!

This track is unavailable, if you have the file on your computer you can import it

I don't own, nor have I downloaded the musc in questions (for the record I'm trying to play I See Stars).  Yet I am being told that This track is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.  I have  unchecked  all the local locations in preferences on my two computers and logged out of every computer/IOS device using this account.

Further confusing is that this is the first time I have ever heard of this band and would in no way have their music on my computer.  Also confusing is that unchecking the local locations in preferences seems to work as music I do have in itunes is not being synced.

Any idea?  I was about to reup my premium after I untired this **bleep** from Facebook, but this is making me thing twice.

63 Replies

Disabling my local files fixed the issue for me too
And no, there's no need to delete the file 😉

Thanks for the idea

Literally none of these solutions have worked for me.

I've deleted my local cache, disabled my offline devices (which, by the way, caused me to have to re-download every god forsaken track that I'd gathered on my iPhone), tried logging in and out, restarting my **bleep**ing computer, ALL OF IT. Not a single **bleep**ing thing worked, it only caused me infinitely more trouble.

That being said, can I just throw out a big ole' **bleep** YOU to Spotify for not having a single lick of actual customer support? I use them because they're the best available streaming service right now but you better darn well believe that I'm jumping ship the MILISECOND there is a better alternative. Like what kind of big name company has no tech support? **bleep** this company for not giving two **bleep**s about the people who pay good money to use their service on a monthly basis. **bleep**. Them.

Edit: I've now tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program. THAT ALSO DIDN'T WORK.

To clarify: it still works on every device except my PC, which I use ALL THE TIME to listen to music. Or at least I **bleep**ing used to.

Also, this happens with every song in the entire app. Not just some. Not just specific playlists. Every song. Period. Without exception. I literally can't use my Spotify AT ALL.

**bleep** this. Go **bleep** yourselves with a nice long cactus, Spotify devs.

Hi

Check your audio drivers, try and update your codec driver especially if you have upgraded to Win 10!

There seems to be some interconnection between the audio out software and Spotify

//Ulf

Sorted. In my case, iTunes was interfering.

Go Preferences>Settings>Local Files

Then Add a Source. Find iTunes in program files. Add it to the list and then disable it in the list, ie "Show songs from".

Hope that works for others too

england 

spotify:track:1h5oVQmaz55RQZySlxgsoV

WOW!!! That work flawlessly. Great work!

I tried all the advices, but didn't help me. I listened to the songs yesterday. Very annoying!

Nothing is working for me at all.  I've tried clearing offline devices, changing settings, uninstalling, and NOTHING works.  The only device I CAN'T listen to music on is my laptop which is very irritating.  I'm considering ending my spotify premium membership if this continues for another 3 days.  

I have the exact same problem. Except I know what I did wrong.

I downloaded a program that is able to download the songs from Spotify by downloading the place where the song is hosted. Or something like that.

After a while, I started seeing, "This track is unavailable..." on a lot of songs and realized that I had done something to the place where the song is meant to be, like that I had moved it out of place, deleted it, etc. Now I still get the same thing but I just look for the same song, since Spotify has about a dozen of the same versions, and I just add that to my playlist instead. It works 90% of the time.

For the other 10% I still don't know how to fix the problem.

Could someone show me a step by step process for how to reverse what I did?

I believe the program I downloaded was spotydl

So I have a solution that *may* help everyone who's on a computer. All you have to do is plug in some headphones or speakers.

Some computers don't detect any audio drivers without something pluged in, so in my case plugging something in fixed it.

This worked for me, and may help one of you.

I can say this fixed my issue... didn't notice my audio wasn't working correctly, so spotify couldn't play anything.

So check your audio setup/drivers!

So I have tried every single "fix" in this thread and none of them have worked.  Everything plays on my iPhone and iPad, but my MacBook only plays certain songs.  This started seemingly in the last couple days.  Tried reinstalling, cleaering local files cache, deleting offline devices, and nothing has worked.  This is beyond annoying.  Anyone find anything else out?

Bumping the thread because I'm having the same **bleep**ing problem and nothing fixing it. I can't play only certain artists, it says they aren't available. I know at least 3 that don't work for me, Grimes, Lana Del Rey and Sigur Rós. I asked 3 friends to test if they could, and 2 of them could listen but other couldn't.

If this helps in anyway, I use spotify mainly on PC and Android, sometimes I just use my tablet as a controller when I'm playing games. Also, I tried adding some Grimes' songs to test to my offline playlist and it didn't work. When it's on "fullscreen" on the phone it doesn't even appear when you swipe it up, it just goes directly to the next song. I do not have any Grimes song on my computer as well, neither from the others, in case this is some weird anti piracy **bleep** Spotify is trying to pull up on us.

Thank you!!

the file cached methode wasnt working for me but when i closed FL studio(music producing app) it worked, I guess it was thinking that i was going to sample a song or something

so if you a producer and have FL window on and dont know why you cant play music close the window. 

I don't have ANY music on my pc, and keep getting this error message. It's so frustrating!!! I pay for the premium service and I can't even listen to Spotify on my pc, I have to turn it on my phone and use my data!!! Not happy!!

Im on a PC and i have the same problem, I dont know how to get to %appdata% and i dont even know what it is, can someone help me

This error message came when my Windows PC had trouble reproducing sound. I had the headphones connected to the PC and not to my secondary screen, as Windows was expecting, for some reason.

Anyway, it's a Windows sound problem so how comes this message is fired?

ayy thanks buddy

im struggling with the same problem and the solutions seems to not solve my problem, i tired to delete my local files and it keep coming back when i try to pay a song (again with no succes of playing it)

i really dont know what t do

Suggested posts