Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trouble updating payment details

Solved!

Trouble updating payment details

I stopped adding money onto the card my account is connected to a while back with plans of changing it to a different account. My student subscription recently expired and now it is not allowing me to change my payment details until I can verify that I am a student (which I'm not). Last month I was charged full price, which I was fine with since I just graduated, but it is still asking me to prove I'm a student before changing payment details. Tips?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

keatongreve, 

Spotify ended up reaching out to me and telling me how to update it and I'll copy it here. Hope it helps resolve your problem too. 

"We've checked your account using the email address ***************. We can confirm that your student details are still linked to your account.

All you need to do is cancel your current subscription by following the steps here. This will immediately revert your account to Free and end the Student Discount subscription.

After that, all you need to do is resubscribe to regular Premium with your new payment details. You'll be back enjoying the Premium perks in no time :)"

It solved my problem, but still seems to be a backwards way of doing things. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I'm having the same issue. On my Subscription page (/us/account/subscription/) it says my monthly charge is 9.99, but when I click Update Details, that page (/us/payment/change/#__student-pci-credit-card) says "4.99 per month". I tried just loading the URL /us/payment/change/ but that didn't work.

quick edit: want to clarify that I've been a subscriber since 8/14/12 and had been using the student discount since 4/15/2014, but my last student discount payment was 4/15/2016.

Screen Shot 2016-07-09 at 9.39.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-09 at 9.40.07 PM.png
Marked as solution

keatongreve, 

Spotify ended up reaching out to me and telling me how to update it and I'll copy it here. Hope it helps resolve your problem too. 

"We've checked your account using the email address ***************. We can confirm that your student details are still linked to your account.

All you need to do is cancel your current subscription by following the steps here. This will immediately revert your account to Free and end the Student Discount subscription.

After that, all you need to do is resubscribe to regular Premium with your new payment details. You'll be back enjoying the Premium perks in no time :)"

It solved my problem, but still seems to be a backwards way of doing things. 

Hey erscopew,

Totally thought I replied to this but I forgot for a few weeks. My bad! Just wanted to say I took your advice and it worked! Only weird exception was I couldn't resubscribe immediately (perhaps because it was still pending or because my subscription still had a few days left) but I just came back a few days later and resubscribed fine. I voted your own reply as accepted solution in case it might help anyone else.

I just paid for my subscription but it's still showing "Update Payment". If i cancel my subscription then sign-up again, do i need to pay again? I wanna use spotify.

Suggested posts