Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tyler the Creator Will Not Play

Tyler the Creator Will Not Play

I have a premium account in Australia and have not experienced this issue with any artist.

Spotify will not play Tyler the Creator songs. I have seen this issue previously posted and the mod said it was an account issue and to create a new account. This takes a lot of time and there must be an easier fix.

I have tried everything on the previous thread as well and was hoping a Mod would be able to fix this issue for me as I am not too keen on using Spotify in the future if certain artists are not going to be able to be played.

Cheers

9 Replies

Spotify would love to have all the world’s music available to everyone. However, some artists and tracks aren't currently available. It might be due to the copyright laws in your country

I'd recommend reading this article for more info.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply but Tyler The Creator is definitely on Spotify and available. 

Other people I know have no issues playing this particular artist at all.

Hey @Westfat.

Thanks for getting back to us and for confirming that for us.

Just a few follow-up questions:

• Is this happening across all your devices?
  • Are all Tyler, The Creator songs greyed out on your device(s)? If you sent us a screenshot showing this, that would be great 🙂
  • Have you tried logging in with another account and seeing if you can play those songs now?

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing back from you 😉

I have attached a screenshot straight after I have tapped to play one of the songs. 

It is happening across All devices

i have logged out of my account in to another and it work a perfectly.

32C1E64F-25E3-491A-913D-3D4F51818ECA.png

try playing it on another device or restarting the app. Also try playing all of his music and moving it to another playlist. Download it as well might help!

It won’t work on any device.

i have deleted the app, restarted it etc and it didn’t help.

also tried on playlists, saved music and downloaded, hasn’t worked.

Hey @Westfat.

Thanks for getting back to us with that screenshot.

Since it seems to be working normally on another account, then it's most likely an issue with your account. 

I know it's inconvenient, but in this case the best thing to do is to create a new account and transfer all your music over to your new account by following the steps in this Spotify Answer.

Hope that helps - let me know if you have any further questions about this.

Yes I was almost 100% sure this was the case and was more asking if there was any other way around it. One of my favourite features of spotify is the top 100 at the end of the year which would be essentially lost for this year.

I also don't use playlists as such and have over 1000 songs in my music and would have to add them all back to my music individually.

Was there anything Spotify can do to help / fix this issue with their program?

Hey there @Westfat,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

It'd be helpful if you could head to the artist's profile as you see it in your screenshot and tap the three dot menu on the top. Once the menu has appeared, check if you see the option to Allow to play this artist and tap it.

On another note, if that still doesn't do the trick, you can add your saved songs to a playlist using the desktop app. Then, make sure that playlist is set to Public so that you can access it from your new account in order to transfer it. There are more detailed steps about this process here.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you have further questions.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts