Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to login on iPad

Solved!

Unable to login on iPad

I have recently upgraded to iPad 6th generation running iOS 12.4.  I have a Premium subscription, however I cannot login via the app. I am able to login on my iPhone and Mac.

I have re-started my iPad, reinstalled the app, tried to log in using my username and password, re-started my wi-fi, changed password and gone through these steps again.

At each login attempt I receive the message "Something went wrong, please try again later".

Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jonmbennett,

Hm, okay.

Can you send me a screenshot of the error message you see? Make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the Community.

Also, it's good to make sure that your device isn't jailbroken - as this can cause this issue.

Another thing that's good to try a different  WiFi connection altogether to see if that helps.

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hey @jonmbennett, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear this.

Could you try creating a new Spotify account here and let me know if you're able to log in to the app with that new account?

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thanks for the suggestion…login with a new account does not work on my iPad app either…but I can log in with in on my mac!

Hey @jonmbennett,

Thanks for trying all of those troubleshooting steps.

Could you try doing a soft reset, and if that doesn't help - then you can restore the iPad to factory settings, since Spotify isn't aware of any issues with others on this device and OS version.

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thanks for your suggestions...I've tried the soft reset, and that didn't work.  I reset the iPad to factory condition and restored...tried to log in and that didn't work.  I tried a further soft reset and login and that failed too.  I can log in to Spotify on my browser on the iPad...just not the app.  I keep receiving the message "Something went wrong, please try again later".  I have no updates, my software version is 12.4 and, obviously given I can log in on my browser, I'm not doing anything silly with my username or password.

Marked as solution

Hey @jonmbennett,

Hm, okay.

Can you send me a screenshot of the error message you see? Make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the Community.

Also, it's good to make sure that your device isn't jailbroken - as this can cause this issue.

Another thing that's good to try a different  WiFi connection altogether to see if that helps.

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thank you for your continuing help...well I tried the different wifi connection and the app logged me in straight away...so that looks like the problem solved...I just need to figure out how to get it to connect through my main wifi connection...I'll try rebooting the router.  

Hey @jonmbennett

Awesome! I'm glad you're able to log in using a different WiFi connection.

Yes, I'd recommend restarting your router and perhaps contacting your router manufacturer if it doesn't help on the main WiFi network.

If you have any more questions, just let me know. I'm always happy to help 😉

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi, 

I do not know if anyone is able to help me with the same issue as you had here before. No problem with wi-fi, alredy it was reset. 

Ipad is running on 10.3.3 version, as its older I m unable to update it. (Using only with wifi mixing console) ipad is not jilbreaken.

trying to install spotify - app store offered only last compatible version of the app. I am trying to log in via fb app also with user name, also tried to create a new account. Neither one of this ways worked. 

Please help me with this issue as I really would need to use spotify app

Thanks for your help. 

Lukas

Hi @Lhhesko!

The iOS version you're running on your iPad is not supported by the Spotify app (the earliest one is iOS 13), so we cannot guarantee that the app will function properly. Still, it's worth checking if the app is allowed to access your local network. On newer devices this setting is found under Settings > Privacy > Local Network - check if your iPad has it.

If your iPad has cellular data, you can try logging in with cellular data instead.

Hope you get this sorted out. The Community is always here if something else comes up.

Take care.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Yordan,

I have a similar issue to that of @Lhhesko from two weeks ago. I currently have the most up to date software version on my iPad iOS 10.3.4 and I am aware that most apps don't support iOS 11 or lower. I was able to use the Spotify App -not on browser- on my iPad for the better part of this year when I downloaded the app. The issue similar to the one above, came when I wanted to log into my newly created -upgraded-  premium (family) plan account. I created a new account and logged out of my free one to change. However I kept getting 'Sorry something went wrong, please try again later' error messages when I tried to log in to the new account. I figured it was new so have would have to wait ~15mins for the new account to configure but still couldn't get in.

Passwords and usernames were all correct as I am able to log into the account on my PC. I then tried logging in via Facebook, creating a new account and even trying to get back into the free account but still prompted the same error message. I contacted support and have pretty much done everything @Lhhesko has done. Deleted the app, download the 'compatible' version, turned off device, changed networks and Support gave me a test account that I couldn't get into either. I thought I'd logged into too many devices (Laptop and iPad only) and wasn't being allowed to use two devices so I used the 'Sign Out of all devices' through my laptop to clear all devices, but still faced the same issue.

I am aware that my device is on the older side but, I do believe the issue can be resolved as a few minutes prior wanting to switch over to the newer account, I was playing music on the iPad via the Spotify app like any other day and happened to have taken a screenshot of the app working fine, but only faced this similar issue when trying to get back/into an account. My thinking is that, either logging out and trying to get back into the new account or any account is not being picked up by the system/server, the 'old' version of Spotify downloaded earlier this year was the version capable of handling the login/logout requests but has now subsequently been re-installed to the latest version (8.7.68 as I've had to re-install the app several times) is unable to process the request as I've never had update requests from the AppStore.

Below I've attached the usual error messages, the results of trying to login via Facebook and a screenshot right before I wanted to switch accounts of the app working. I hope I've given enough insight and specs into the situation, any further tips would be great as I *do* believe the problem can be resolved. 

Emz8_0-1664120869873.png

IMG_2954.PNG
IMG_2932.PNG
IMG_2929.PNG

The same this has happened to me as well. Running IOS 10.3.3. and we had no issues listening to music before we upgraded to premium and tried to log back into our account to use premium. It states that there is no account with our email address that we entered, but when I go to sign up with that email again, it will tell me there is already an account with the email. Is it just the old device? Just confused why it was working before and not anymore at all! 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies in this thread and for the info shared.

Unfortunately, the minimum requirements for the iOS app is iOS 13 as explained in this article. You might have the app installed in older devices, but we can't guarantee the proper functionality of the app for those.

On another note, @EliteSpeed2018, if you're having inconveniences logging in on several devices, it's possible as well your account is linked to a different email from the one you’re trying to use, and that's why you receive the message you described. 

Keep in mind there are a few ways to sign up, e.g. with email, phone number, Facebook, Apple, or Google. Perhaps your account was registered with one of those methods. Try logging in with these.

On another note, if you have your account opened in another device (e.g. a cellphone), you can check there the details your account is linked to by following these steps:

1. Go to Home.
  2. Go to Settings.
  3. At the top of settings, you can see your username and the email linked to your account (if any).

If you aren’t certain about the details you used to register on the app, go to password reset and enter possible email addresses you own. When you enter an email that's registered with Spotify, you'll get a password reset message for that email.

Also, you can check your email address (the one you remember you registered on the app) to see if you received a receipt of the purchase. In said receipt you can check for your username. Then, you can verify If it matches with the one you see in the app.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi AlejaR,

I am having all the same issues with my Spotify app on my iPad and I use it for my hair salon. I have logged out and in on my phone no problem even changed password but still getting something went wrong when I try to log in on my I pad. I have deleted and downloaded the app and it is saying my I pad isn’t the latest version but I need to use that I pad as it is connected to my music system.

I have tried all you suggested in your message and still no joy so please help? 

thank you 

Hey @Slee20,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

As mentioned by @AlejaR earlier, in order for the app to work properly, you'll need to have a supported OS version on your iPad. With that being said, if your iPad is running on iOS that is old and unsupported, an issue with the performance of the Spotify app might occur. Similar to the one that you're describing. 

In order to double check if your OS is 13 or above (as required here), go to your iPad's Settings and click on General - > About.  In case it's not - check if there is a pending update under "Software Update" tab. If you see one - make sure you install it and then try logging in again.

In case that even after updating you're still unable to log in, feel free send us additional details (such as iPad's model and OS) along with the Spotify version you currently have and couple of screenshots. This way we can investigate further.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts