Unable to login on iPad

Solved!

Unable to login on iPad

jonmbennett
Casual Listener

I have recently upgraded to iPad 6th generation running iOS 12.4.  I have a Premium subscription, however I cannot login via the app. I am able to login on my iPhone and Mac.

I have re-started my iPad, reinstalled the app, tried to log in using my username and password, re-started my wi-fi, changed password and gone through these steps again.

At each login attempt I receive the message "Something went wrong, please try again later".

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Unable to login on iPad

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Hey @jonmbennett,

Hm, okay.

Can you send me a screenshot of the error message you see? Make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the Community.

Also, it's good to make sure that your device isn't jailbroken - as this can cause this issue.

Another thing that's good to try a different  WiFi connection altogether to see if that helps.

Keep me posted :)

Billy-JRock Star 21
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
6 Replies

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Hey @jonmbennett, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear this.

Could you try creating a new Spotify account here and let me know if you're able to log in to the app with that new account?

Billy-JRock Star 21

jonmbennett
Casual Listener
Thanks for the suggestion…login with a new account does not work on my iPad app either…but I can log in with in on my mac!

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Hey @jonmbennett,

Thanks for trying all of those troubleshooting steps.

Could you try doing a soft reset, and if that doesn't help - then you can restore the iPad to factory settings, since Spotify isn't aware of any issues with others on this device and OS version.

Billy-JRock Star 21

jonmbennett
Casual Listener

Thanks for your suggestions...I've tried the soft reset, and that didn't work.  I reset the iPad to factory condition and restored...tried to log in and that didn't work.  I tried a further soft reset and login and that failed too.  I can log in to Spotify on my browser on the iPad...just not the app.  I keep receiving the message "Something went wrong, please try again later".  I have no updates, my software version is 12.4 and, obviously given I can log in on my browser, I'm not doing anything silly with my username or password.

Solution!

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Hey @jonmbennett,

Hm, okay.

Can you send me a screenshot of the error message you see? Make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the Community.

Also, it's good to make sure that your device isn't jailbroken - as this can cause this issue.

Another thing that's good to try a different  WiFi connection altogether to see if that helps.

Billy-JRock Star 21

jonmbennett
Casual Listener

Thank you for your continuing help...well I tried the different wifi connection and the app logged me in straight away...so that looks like the problem solved...I just need to figure out how to get it to connect through my main wifi connection...I'll try rebooting the router.  

SUGGESTED POSTS