Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unlimited, apparently a thing of the past.

Solved!

Unlimited, apparently a thing of the past.

Today after the press conference the website got updated and Unlimited is now no longer an option for new users. You have Free and you have Premium as your choices for a subscription. I myself am currently a Spotify Unlimited user since I use Spotify on my computer exclusively.

First things first, what will happen to my current Unlimited subscription?

Secondly, out of curiosity I tried to log on to Spotify on my cell phone (Android) and try the new Shuffle feature available for Free users. What happened was that, even if I could log in, I couldn't actually play anything. The "Shuffle Play" button wasn't even present and when I tried to press Radio I was confronted with a message saying I need to upgrade to Premium to use that feature.

Shouldn't Unlimited users at least be able to use the mobile version in the same manner as Free users?

I'm confused...

123 Replies

Is there any possibilty to upgrade from free user to unlimited for new users? I would really like to get rid of ads and I cant afford Premium.

If you are in a country where unlimited is available (so not one of the 20 launched this week), you should be able to upgrade from your online overview.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank You 🙂

Well, it seems like I am in the country where unlimited is disabled 😞 I seriously can't afford Premium. Is there any other chance to get unlimited?

Which country are you in @bilu333 ?

Peter

Im from Poland

Does going to https://www.spotify.com/purchase/product/unlimited/ work? 

Peter

It is working but when i putted my card number it said I am in wrong region or something.

Is your card registered in the same country as set on your online profile

Peter

Umm, I think so. Gimme second, i'll try with different card.

Uhh, it says that card maybe registered in different country then my account ( With both of my cards ). I used Visa and Master Card. Both are from Poland. What may be the problem?

It can be tricky to tell, if you could get in touch with the payments team directly using the online contact form they can look into this a little closer for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Thanks, I sent email. Now waiting for response.

Allright, everything is working fine ! Thanks you ❤️

Glad to hear it @bilu333 ! 🙂 

Peter

I'm getting ads but have n unlimited account. Why?

Hi Jon_kerr,

Are you logging in using your username and Spotify password?  I ask this as you have a duplicate account linked to your Facebook that is on the Free service.  If you are logging in with your Facebook details, you will only see the Free version.

i am getting ads on mobile with my unlimited account.  It seems this is expected now, is that correct?

@noitamroftuo wrote:

i am getting ads on mobile with my unlimited account.  It seems this is expected now, is that correct?

Yes that is correct, unlimited will only remove advertisements in the desktop client. 

Peter

@Peter wrote:

@noitamroftuo wrote:

Yes that is correct, unlimited will only remove advertisements in the desktop client. 

So what you are saying is that the so called unlimited subscription is not, in fact, unlimited, but is in this case exactly the same as the free version? That apparently being the case, I have deleted the app from both of my devices and will have to give some serious thought to finally unsubscribing completely. These constant harebrained "upgrades" have really taken the some from the service.

Suggested posts