Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unrecognised device on connected devices

Unrecognised device on connected devices

I have 3 devices appearing when I look at connect to a device.

1. My Laptop

2. My phone

3. Roku 3

I have no idea what this roku 3 is, so I Changed my Spotify log in, my faecbook log in and it is still appearing. What is it? How is it there? How do I get rid of it?

Premium

UK

Device

Macbook Pro early 2015)

My Question or Issue

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 09.38.26.png
7 Replies

Hi there,

In order to remove this device, you need to go to this page, find the device you no longer want your Spotify to be connected to and hit "remove".

However, if you didn't add this device by yourself it looks like someone may have gained access to your account.  I recommend you to check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Have a great day 🙂

That only shows my mobile phone. Doesn't show the laptop or the mystery device.

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 14.10.43.png

Please, go to this page instead and hit the button "Sign out everywhere" then.

Note that you'll need to re-sync to your devices to listen to music offline there again.

Done. Still occurring. Also note I changed my passwords and as soon as I signed it, it appeared. 

I thought it might be connected over bluetooth or something but that is all turned off.

Can you tell me if you see this device anywhere you go? It's just sharing the nearby devices that Spotify can connect to, you shouldn't worry about this.

Although the bluetooth is turned off, you'll continue to see it because it uses Wi-Fi connection.

If you truly want to get rid of Roku, you'll have to access Roku and log out from the device itself.

Hope this helps

I use this laptop at home and work and appears on both networks. No idea what it is... Never even heard of Roku until it appeared on Spotify.

Suggested posts