Username is not appearing in searches

Solved!
Highlighted

Username is not appearing in searches

Mouth_Michaels
Regular

Plan: Premium (Family)

Device: all (friends using various)

My username is not appearing in searches. I was told by a Spotify representative a few things that are not accurate or reasonable responses. The first is that my username is uf9nxe1mc6tvugwg4pflosbk1 so I should giving that out to people. This is obviously a ridiculous solution, but it also doesn't work (even when using spotify:username:uf9nxe1mc6tvugwg4pflosbk1 my profile does not appear). Secondly I was told that I could just tell people to look me up by my playlists, however those are also not appearing in searches.  I was then told that this is simply not a feature that is available to new accounts, however my friends who signed up AFTER me are searchable so this can't be the issue. I was also told that this was all done to keep my account secure (what?). And finally I was given the stock answer that some features just are not available to new users. Ugh. Obviously very frustrating. 

I am a paid user asking to receive the same service as everyone else. You have usernames searchable for other people, why not me? The entire reason I am paying for this service was for me to share my playlists and profile. I don't understand how/why Spotify is unable to change this for me. There must be a work around here somewhere. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Username is not appearing in searches

Mouth_Michaels
Regular

Problem solved somehow! I am now searchable. 

14 Replies

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out. We're happy to help!

Can you try spotify:user:uf9nxe1mc6tvugwg4pflosbk1 instead of spotify:username:uf9nxe1mc6tvugwg4pflosbk1? That should work. I just tried it and was able to find your profile! 

Let us know how that goes. Have a nice day :)

Daisy Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Mouth_Michaels
Regular

Thank you. Yes, that search did bring up my profile. I am wanting people to be able to find me based upon my actual user name however.  uf9nxe1mc6tvugwg4pflosbk1 is not my username, it is a random series of letters/numbers Spotify assigned to me. I want people to be able to find me using my actual username, Mouth_Michaels. It is the only reason I am paying extra for a family plan. 

kwu5642
Gig Goer

Currently, there is not an option for changing your Spotify username. You can vote to change your username here, but the current status is "Not Right Now".

Mouth_Michaels
Regular

Thank you however I am not wanting to change my username. I am wanting people to be able to find me based upon my actual user name Mouth_Michaels.  NOT the uf9nxe1mc6tvugwg4pflosbk1 designation created by Spotify. 

kwu5642
Gig Goer
In that case, you can tell your friends to try searching for Mouth_Michaels
in the search bar. If there aren't too many people called Mouth_Michaels,
they should be able to find you.

Mouth_Michaels
Regular

Thank you, however that does not work. That's the problem.  Searching for Mouth_Michaels garners no results.

kwu5642
Gig Goer
Maybe you could try giving me a screenshot...?

Mouth_Michaels
Regular

Sure. Will try anything.Screenshot_20190806-213821.jpg

Screenshot_20190806-213546.jpg

kwu5642
Gig Goer

Do you know when you created the account? Spotify may not have updated their databases yet. You can also try contacting Spotify at https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/.

SUGGESTED POSTS