Username is not appearing in searches

Solved!

Re: Username is not appearing in searches

Mouth_Michaels
Regular

I set it up less than a year ago. But I have friends who have set up accounts after I created mine who showed up right away. I did try customer support (see my original post for details) however they did not solve the issue and instead deflected my request.

kwu5642
Gig Goer

Hi. My username is kwu5642, could you try searching that up? If nothing comes up, try restarting or reinstalling the app.

Mouth_Michaels
Regular

It worked. I can search you. I have tried searching for my profile using other people's accounts and nothing comes up. The issue is not my app, although I did try to reinstall and it still was an issue. I've done searches too. Only one person seemed to also have this issue but they were satisfied with sending other people the random string of numbers and letters that Spotify assigned them. I, however, am not Satisfied with that solution. I want my profile to be searchable by my actual user name. It's why I am paying for Premium. 

I appreciate the advice though. But what would be really  helpful is for someone at Spotify to explain why my username is  hidden in searches, or even better, to just fix the issue so that I can have my username visible in searches. 

Thanks for the assistance though.

kwu5642
Gig Goer

You are welcome. Have you tried updating the app? If that doesn't work, most devices have a "Library" where they store all of your user data. You could try deleting the Spotify folder in your phone's library, although I cannot help you with that since I do not know your device type.

Highlighted
Solution!

Mouth_Michaels
Regular

Problem solved somehow! I am now searchable. 

SUGGESTED POSTS