Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Using Spotify family abroad for long term stay

Solved!

Using Spotify family abroad for long term stay

Hi, 

I currently live in the Philippines and I will be moving to Australia in two months time. I had Spotify premium account couple of years back, in the uk, when I was still a student, but that's gone since I couldn't continuously pay for it anymore. Now that I'm moving to Australia, I have been thinking of getting Spotify.

Luckly my sister is thinking of getting a Family account, in the Philippines, for the family. 

My question is, is there a time limit for using an account from the Philippines in Australia for long period of time i.e. 2,3 years? Will there be any restrictions for me? 

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi wakojako49!

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community, we're all here to help each other.

In order to join a family plan, all members must reside at the same physical address as the administrator. If you're currently in the Philippines, you can start a Spotify Family subscription with your sister. Just make sure your account's country is set to the Philippines as well as your sister's and any other family member. You can manage your account's settings from here.

As long as you don't sign up as the administrator of the plan, you'll be able to keep using your Premium subscription once you move to Australia. The billing will remain with the plan onwer. We hope that clear things up. For more information about Spotify Family, just head over here.

Don't hesitate to drop us a message if you need us again 🙂

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/5hoa1buCboFHO5mwmXaFd3

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi wakojako49!

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community, we're all here to help each other.

In order to join a family plan, all members must reside at the same physical address as the administrator. If you're currently in the Philippines, you can start a Spotify Family subscription with your sister. Just make sure your account's country is set to the Philippines as well as your sister's and any other family member. You can manage your account's settings from here.

As long as you don't sign up as the administrator of the plan, you'll be able to keep using your Premium subscription once you move to Australia. The billing will remain with the plan onwer. We hope that clear things up. For more information about Spotify Family, just head over here.

Don't hesitate to drop us a message if you need us again 🙂

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/5hoa1buCboFHO5mwmXaFd3

Hi Spotify

I'm planning to change premium to family to use it with my brother and sister and fiancee. The question I have is because my brother has set up his account with county Poland, but currently is on delegation in Spain. My sister went to him with free account and to listen to Spotify as free account user she changed country to Spain. I have Poland in account settings and I'm on 2 months project in UK. I wanted to be an administrator of this Premium family account. Can you advice me how to do it so we won't have any issues setting this all up?

Lukasz

Hi!

No worries, we'll get this Premium for Family puzzle sorted out.

Now, in order to set up a Premium for Family subscription, all members of the plan must reside in the same physical address as the administrator. So, if all of you guys are currently living in the same country/residence, you'll be able to get it here.

As I understand, both your brother and sister are living in Spain - so they can set up a PFF subscription on their own, but they'll first need to update their country settings.

On the other hand, since your account is set to Poland but you're currently living in the UK, you won't be able to join the plan or start one and invite them. Not to worry though! If you're currently attending a college/university for your project you might want to check the student discount here.

I hope everything's been cleared out. If you have any questions, feel free to let us know.

Keep on rocking.

Hi 

thank you for reply.

They are in Spain just for 2 months max.

Which location is considered - the phone or a laptop if one of them left a phone in Poland if I ask my mum to log in on my account on laptop (she is in Poland) and send invite and then answer the invite on my sister's phone which is in Poland as well.. would that allow my sister to use the spotify on her second phone which she has in Spain ?

Hi! Is this answer still valid?

I am really confused with the answers I got in this thread.

My story in brief: My family resides in spain (I live with them) but I am currently abroad studying for a couple of months and will be back soon with them. My sister wants to upgrade to the Family Premium plan and I would like to join. My country settings, under the Settings/Edit Profile/Country field, are set to Spain (also my payment details, since I paid for some Premium months with my spanish bank account).

Thanks in advance!

Not true! I'm having that precise problem, I joined my sister plan while I was in my home country and since then I travelled, been away from home, about 2 months maybe 2 more to go and now after updating my app it says I can't listen for more than 14 days and shows I've got a "free" subscription... ughhh!!!

Hello, I have been part of family premium plan with my friends (so we all have the Spotify set in the same country NL), but 2 of my friends had moved to a different country and Spotify still worked. Also me In a few days I am going to USA for 2 months.

But today the subscription has ended and obviously we want to renew our plan, but there has been some concerns, if it will work, since some of them are living in different country, but our Spotify is still set on NL, so in my opinion it’s should work, but just to make sure, if I will renew the plan and go away for 2 months, 1) if it’s okay and I can still use it and it won’t do any damage to my friends being here? 2) if it will actually work in our case to renew our plan while living separately,  it with the same settings

thanks you 

Hi I am currently in Australia and I have been sharing spotify family with my sisters back home in the Philippines. After two weeks of staying here my spotify account logged out automatically saying that I can only use spotify abroad for 14 days. I tried to log in again and it says the same. Is there a chance of retrieving my spotify account here in Australia under the spotify family plan in the Philippines. Thank you

Suggested posts