Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Using Spotify for public places

Solved!

Using Spotify for public places

Morning people.

Right to the point, i have a pub but i don't know i i can use Spotify to play music for the people here.

I know that i can't use Spotify for comercial ends, but i'm not sure about this topic. 

Yes, i have Spotify Premium

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Nooggat! Great Question!

I've checked and unfortunately you can't. Below is a snipit from the Spotify Support Page.

We're afraid it's not possible to use Spotify in public places (such as bars, restaurants, stores, schools, etc.). You may only make personal, non-commercial, entertainment use of the content and, in signing up for an account, you have agreed and undertaken that you are using the content only in this manner.

Spotify Business is our commercial license subscription level. It enables you to legally stream and download music from Spotify and play it to anyone visiting your business. Start building the sound of your brand here.

Read More Here: Spotify Support - Can I use Spotify at my business?

Hope this helps! If you need anything else - Give me a shout 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Nooggat! Great Question!

I've checked and unfortunately you can't. Below is a snipit from the Spotify Support Page.

We're afraid it's not possible to use Spotify in public places (such as bars, restaurants, stores, schools, etc.). You may only make personal, non-commercial, entertainment use of the content and, in signing up for an account, you have agreed and undertaken that you are using the content only in this manner.

Spotify Business is our commercial license subscription level. It enables you to legally stream and download music from Spotify and play it to anyone visiting your business. Start building the sound of your brand here.

Read More Here: Spotify Support - Can I use Spotify at my business?

Hope this helps! If you need anything else - Give me a shout 🙂

Greetings Nooggat,

Unfortunately if you wish to play Spotify in your pub for member's of the public on your current spotify account you would not be advised to do this as it would then come under commercial use.

If you wish however to stream the music for personal use in your living area then of course that is fine.

If you let me know what country you are in I can check what branding Spotify has for commerical account's for your work place.

Robert_WRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

since spotify business is for nordic countries only, what is the diffrence between the soundtrack business and spotify business? is soundtrack business officially supported by spotify?

Hey @Lucdedj,

That's a relaly good question!

From my research I can say that Soundtrack is just  a branch of Spotify. Rest assured that the level of support is the same for both 🙂

https://support.spotify.com/no/account_payment_help/account_basics/spotify-business/

https://www.soundtrackyourbrand.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwrsDIBRDX3JCunOrr_YYBEiQAifH1Fu3sQYl81XzaMottyvrJH...

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add a Like! 

Robert_WRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts