Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What happened to my account?!!!!

What happened to my account?!!!!

image.pngimage.pngLast night I went to open Spotify and I get this error message. I have attached pictures of everything. I had created my account through Facebook and would like to keep it that way. I originally signed up for the free trial and emailed my school ID so that when the time came to upgrade to premium, I would get charged the $4.99 and not the $10.00+. To no surprise, my credit card was charged an amount for a regular premium subscription. I sent numerous email requesting that the charge be adjusted and nobody every got back to me. I then disputed the charge with my credit card company which I have won. I then sent in my student information again and was granted a premium student discount account. Now I have no account. And I paid the fee too! Please get me my account back! Email me back at: <snip-mail>

image.png

12 Replies

Hi Alexis, sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your account. Foremost, I would strongly recommend removing the first and third images you have posted as they contain sensitive information. Since your account was created through Facebook, have you been using the "Log in with Facebook" option on the app? In the image you posted it looks like you've been trying to log in with a Spotify username and password, which you would not have if you created your account through Facebook. Try logging in with the Facebook option, and let me know how that goes. Cheers!

I HAVE been trying to login through Facebook since that is how I signed up. Nothing is working. Something needs to be done because you guys got your money and I have no music or profile!

Alright. If you have been using the "Log in with Facebook" option to no avail, then I would recommend getting in touch with support. It appears you've already done this, so when you contacted support the first time, did you receive an email back with a six-digit case number and instructions to come to these forums? If so, have you replied directly back to that email, even if it says not to? That will get you in touch with someone from support, usually within 24-48 hours. If you've tried that and it doesn't work, I would then move on to @SpotifyCares on twitter or on Facebook. Again, it shouldn't take more than 24-48 hours for you to hear a response from them. If after that time you haven't heard something please reach out to me and I'll make sure to escalate this appropriately. 

I did email support numerous times and never received an email with a case number. I have also contacted Spotify cares on Facebook with no response. I am at a dead end right now and very upset.

Ok, so what I would is recommend getting in touch with support through this contact form. Once you've filled it out you should receive a confirmation email that contains a six-digits case number ,and advises you to come look at these forums for help. Once you get that email, directly reply back to it. If you don't get that email within some amount of time, make sure to check your spam.

If you still receive no email, and it's not in your spam, then use this from. This is the "anonymous" contact form, so you'll be able to input which email you want them to reply to (make sure it's an email you have access to!). For the form to work, make sure you are completely logged out of Spotify.com, otherwise it will automatically use the email of the account you are logged into! Again, please note that you will most likely receive an automated email back from support directing you to the forums or the FAQ page; just ignore that, and reply back directly to that email (even if it comes from a no-reply address), and support should help sort your issue out as soon as they can.

Let me know how that goes, and keep in mind that it may take anywhere from 24-48 hours to hear back from support after you reply to the case email. 

@AlexisChristina

Try to login using the username that appears in your receipt (22nn....etc) and your fb password. It should let you in that way.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It didn't work 😞

And I submitted the contact forms you sent me links to and did not receive any email back in my inbox or junk/spam folder.

@AlexisChristina

Then try using the email address you use to login to fb, and your fb password.

osorniosSpotify Star

Already did that too. I've tried everything

@AlexisChristina

What happens when you try to login to the website from a computer? Are you able to see your profile?

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

I see you're using a spotify username (alexis.cmorales) but you also said you created it through your fb, so that may be the reason of your troubles.

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi @AlexisChristina,

I'd recommend reaching out to Spotify by by tweeting @SpotifyCares on twitter. If you don't have twitter, then use the alternative form.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Suggested posts