Free (Trying to re-join Premium)
Country

USA

Device

PC, iPhone 7

Operating System

Windows 10, iOS

My Question or Issue

Was trying to rejoin premium with a new card, but any address I put on any device or browser gave me the "Address is not valid" error. I tried changing my billing address, but even here, I got the same errors. I'm not sure what to do anymore, I've tried nearly every soloution I could find. Any help is appreciated!

9 Replies

Hey there @Bm0n

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

If you can’t find your precise address, we suggest that you try selecting the building number-only (for apartments), street name, or a close landmark. Make sure not to use someone else's address.

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind trying from an incognito window and from a different device? Also, it's worth trying with a different internet connection to see if that makes the difference. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

This is the solution that I had found online, but this did not work, as I've tried incognito, different browser, and different devices. No location works, even highly popular landmarks. I tried waiting, but no matter how long I wait, the same issue occurs

Hey @Bm0n,

We'd advise contacting your bank in regards to this.
There might be something off in the way your address is saved in their database.
In case there's another issue, they should be able to spot that as well.

Let us know how it goes!
We'll be on the lookout for your response.

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having the same problem. I have a free account, trying to upgrade to a premium account, but when I enter my billing address I get an "address is not valid" error message. I live on a "1/2" street so I occasionally have issues entering my address online, but usually changing it to "and one half" works no problem. I even opened my credit card statement and made sure I entered it exactly as it is written there, but still not working. Would Spotify like my money? Can someone help?

Hi there @rachelkmcd,

Thanks for the post.

You can try entering the address of a nearby shop or street and see if that works, as the app might have trouble finding such addresses sometimes.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

this is literally my exact issue, i live on a "1/2" street too and after talking to three customer service reps under "message us" and being abandoned THREE times I'm thinking i should just switch to pandora or something. google maps finds my address just fine, and my last card had the same address tied to it without all this bs

Hey there @nun4!

Thanks for posting on the Community.

If your address doesn't autocomplete when trying to start a new plan, enter your entire address, then select Find. If you still can’t find it, select your building, street name, or a close public space or building. Just don't use someone else's address as we've mentioned in some of our advice above.

If you're trying to join someone else's Family plan you can check with the plan owner the exact address they have added when starting the plan and use that to register.

If you still have trouble, let us know how far along the registration process you get the error message - if you're starting a new plan, is it after you've entered your payment details? 

Keep us in the loop here!

ElenaModerator

Does Spotify want my business? There is no problem with my billing address, I get mail and packages delivered here daily, but for some obscure reason Spotify doesn’t seem to think it’s valid.

I have also experienced the same issue, except mine is the fact I live on a half street. Spotify doesn't like the 1/2 that I have to put in to make sure it is the correct street.

Suggested posts