Premium

Country

Finland 

Device

Desktop computer and Android phone

Operating System

Windows 10 and Android 

My Question or Issue

The title of my Wrapped 2018 album is "Tu Top de canciones 2018". Google translate tells me this is Spanish. I do not speak Spanish or have I ever been to country where Spanish is spoken. The title should be in Finnish. The album information ("Tämän vuoden suosikkikappaleesi yhedessä paketissa") and album covert art text ("Suosikkikappaleesi vuonna 2018") are correct displayed/writte in Finnish, but whatever reason the album title itself is wrong. How do I go about correcting this? The problem occurs in the desktop program, mobile app and web browser.

All of my account settings are set to Finnish.

top2018 error.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mrjaska95!

Thanks for posting, I see that you’ve alerted the folks at @SpotifyCares who are in the right position here to have this logged with the appropriate people behind the scenes.

If you have any other issues, feel free to drop a reply! 

Take Care for now!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

I have the same problem, Im from Finland and have the same text in spanish.

It occurs on all devices Im using iPhone 6s, iPad Pro and Windows 10 computer and changing the language won't help at all.

Also, I sent message to the Spotify support but haven't yet received any reply back.

I talked to Spotify Twitter support (@SpotifyCares) for a while and did the usual troubleshooting steps, changing the language to english and back to Finnish, reinstalling, checking with several devices/browsers. These did not work, and early on I came to conclusion that it is a server side errror and someone else having this problem confirms it. They said they would "let the right people know", so im sure the bug is awknoledged somewhere, but I doubt this being very high on priority list. 

All we can do is let different support channels know about this and maybe someone notices it eventually.

I believe it could just be an error in the system, I am in the U.S.A. and mine is fine, surely it just has to be an issue from where you are at, at the moment. Possibly just a minor error made and ready to be fixed later on.

Marked as solution

Hey @mrjaska95!

Thanks for posting, I see that you’ve alerted the folks at @SpotifyCares who are in the right position here to have this logged with the appropriate people behind the scenes.

If you have any other issues, feel free to drop a reply! 

Take Care for now!

I contacted Spotify Cares and they replied already.  Support-person asked for screenshot of the problem, which I did send back to them. I will follow and mention here if anything comes up on the matter.

It seems that it's now fixed for me today.

I tried on different devices and all of them has it correct.

Looks to be fixed on my end also. Tested on Android, Windows Desktop and Web player. Problem solved.

Suggested posts