Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Country - Bermuda vs UK

Wrong Country - Bermuda vs UK

Good day,

I live in Bermuda and would like to signup for a premium account, but Spotify has the UK as my country.  Bermuda's currency is pegged to the USD and Spotify wants to charge me in GBP which would end up costing me an additional $76 a year in foreign exchange fees (approx).  Also, my credit card is registered in Bermuda and as such my payment details don't match and I can't purchase the subscription.  I'd also like to get the free 30 day trial.

Any help is much appreciated!

5 Replies

If my thinking is correct, Bermuda is a British overseas territory therefore UK licensing applies which is why you have to subscribe with your country as UK. Unfortunately, I can't think of any way around it unless you have a payment method from another country. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for the reply.  

That's the biggest issue, all of my possible payment methods are registered in Bermuda and not the UK.

I would suggest you get in touch with the payments team directly using the online contact form and see what they say. To be honest this isn't something I have ever had to deal with before! 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

t I have the exact same issue, but I do have US accounts.  That said I'm being charged in Sterling, which would cost me more, AND the Bermuda dollar is linked with the US dollar, not the British Pound. 

@user-removed wrote:

t I have the exact same issue, but I do have US accounts.  That said I'm being charged in Sterling, which would cost me more, AND the Bermuda dollar is linked with the US dollar, not the British Pound. 

That is true, but I would "assume" (I'm not 100% sure) that Bermuda is covered under UK music licensing and hence why you are billed by Spotify UK (which would be in sterling). If you get in touch with the support team as outlined above they will be able to give you all of the details.

Peter

Suggested posts