Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Facebook attached to my account

Solved!

Wrong Facebook attached to my account

So you've logged in with your Spotify username only to see your friend's Facebook picture and name in the top right hand corner. Now your listening history is on your friend's Facebook--what to do?

Not to worry. This can be fixed in a matter of seconds. 

Head over to your Preferences Page within your desktop app: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

From there select 'Disconnect from Facebook' under 'Social Network'. You'll know it's disconnected when the button changes to 'Connect to Facebook'. 

If you'd like, you can then link to your own FB. That way this error can't happen again in the future 🙂 

678 Replies

Huzzah! That did it.

Thank you very much Meredith!

Hi,

I deleted my facebook account that was linked to my spotify, and changed that email address to another of my facbook accounts. 

It was a premium account and has all my playlists on it.

Now when I log on it says it is a free account etc,

Is there anyway for that spotify account to be linked to my new one, with all my subscriptions and playslists?

Please Help 😞

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team using the online contact form and one of their lovely agents will be able to assist you.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Does this Topic also help me if someone else uses my FB Account somehow for spotify?

@Nealina wrote:

Does this Topic also help me if someone else uses my FB Account somehow for spotify?

Just change your Facebook password and they won't be able to access it anymore 😉

Peter

Peter

I accidently clicked disconnect from facebook under my preferences and now when I log in its a 'new' account with none of my playlists - I see a Spotify person transferred over someones playlists, can you please help me??

Lucymills - Just replied to your other thread.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

My ex has sometimes used my Spotify in the past, and i recently observered that her Facebook has been connected to Spotify.
This is really annoying to say the least...
I hope someone can help me fix this.

You should be able to disconnect it from Edit > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook  if you are logged in using a Spotify account. 

Peter

Peter

Hi, i recently had to drop my old facebook account that was linked to my spotify premium and create a new facebook and was wondering how I go about linking the new facebook account to my spotify premium account.

@ZiPpYUK wrote:

Hi, i recently had to drop my old facebook account that was linked to my spotify premium and create a new facebook and was wondering how I go about linking the new facebook account to my spotify premium account.

It depends on how your old account was created. 

If you have a dedicated Spotify username and password, then you just need to log in using those details, head over to Edit > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook and then Connect to your new account using the same button. 

If your Spotify premium account was created using your Facebook login details, you need to make a new account and then get in touch with the customer services team using the online contact form and they will move your playlists and subscription over for you.

Peter

Peter

I need my Facebook disconnected from my account some tool hacked my account named Lars and we are playing spotify tug o war together.  The problem is I payed for it, so I need him off.

Vuixto - Just disconnected them for you. As hammeh suggests above, you can do this yourself from the 'Preferences' menu in your Spotify.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have done as suggested and contacted customer services via the online contact form (twice now actually) and heard nothing back about linking my premium account to my new facebook.  Is there anyone out there who can help me at all in order that I am able to carry on using the account that i am still paying for as this has been going on for a while now.......

Hi ZiPpYUK - Did you receive an automated message directing you back to the Community?

If so just reply again. Our team will pick up your case and give you a hand. 

My cousin logged into his Facebook and synced it with my spotifuggle. I followed all of the instructions above and it says that i'm no longer connected to his Fb, but I still see his playlists and mine no longer shows up. How do I fix this?

wth spotify

i signed up with my facebook

then saw this weird episode of someone else entire playlists and tracks randomly showing up on mine and now all of my playlists are deleted and i still see a playlist that i did not make

WTF are you doing with peoples information if things can so easily and in high numbers go so wrong?!

just open another spotify account?! really?! i will stop using spotify completely as it is now obvious you guys dont know what you are doing with your technology. first the annoying ad pop ups over everything else and now this. screw you spotify. im not here to get any of your retarded "solutions" that i have googled for the past two hours to no use.... get your sh#t together, until then i will advocate against you at all levels. goodbye and good day

mjapzon - Still seeing your friend's playlists? There's no Facebook linked to your 'mjapzon' account. 

If you're still having trouble please fill out the contact form.

nemikham - It sounds like someone else is using your account. The first thing I recommend here is changing your Facebook password. 

I'll try to restore the playlists I can. Let us know if you keep having trouble. 

Nope, did not work. Still my friends name and avatar in the Spotify profile.

Hi!

I want to delete my old facebook account, but I used Facebook to login to Spotify, for which I have a paid subscription.

I now have a new Facebook account I can connect with, but is there a way to do it seamlessly without losing all my music, or paid subscription when I delete my old account??

Please help. 

Mia

Suggested posts