Wrong Facebook attached to my account

Solved!
Highlighted

Wrong Facebook attached to my account

Spotify
Spotify

So you've logged in with your Spotify username only to see your friend's Facebook picture and name in the top right hand corner. Now your listening history is on your friend's Facebook--what to do?

Not to worry. This can be fixed in a matter of seconds. 

Head over to your Preferences Page within your desktop app: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

From there select 'Disconnect from Facebook' under 'Social Network'. You'll know it's disconnected when the button changes to 'Connect to Facebook'. 

If you'd like, you can then link to your own FB. That way this error can't happen again in the future 🙂 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Wrong Facebook attached to my account

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@imouro 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Solution!

Spotify Legend

Hey @kryger

That's not good to hear.

Just to check, make sure that you're mother is logged out of her FB account on the browser/app. How does that help?

If you're still having trouble, I'd recommend that you reach out to our contact form.

If you reach out to the team here, you may receive an automated reply. Don't worry though, just reply back to it and the right team will get your email. They'll be able to take a look backstage for you.

Alternatively reach over to our Twitter team at @SpotifyCares.

I hope this helps!

Highlighted
Solution!

Hi, I didn`t connect with facebook with the button, what I need to do?

678 Replies
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I disconnected my account from Facebook and now it won't let me connect back. There is no "Connect to Facebook" in my preferences. What do I do? 

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

Hi carlieb88 - The steps above only apply to users with a Spotify username. Users that joined via Facebook are not able to disconnect as the two accounts are linked. 

You've now created a new account with your FB as your original is no longer active.

I've helped transfer over there those playlists for you--you'll see them when you sign in again. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

HI Meredith, 

I can now see my playlists, but my friends aren't showing up under my people list. I was able to disconnect yesterday since it had my Facebook under juicycouturela for some reason. In View I have "People List" and it still looks at though I have no friends nor can I see what they're listening to. Can you please fix this as well?

Thanks,

Carlie

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

carlieb88 wrote:

I can now see my playlists, but my friends aren't showing up under my people list. I was able to disconnect yesterday since it had my Facebook under juicycouturela for some reason. In View I have "People List" and it still looks at though I have no friends nor can I see what they're listening to. Can you please fix this as well?

Hi Carlie - Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Is 'juicycouturela' your account username? Those details don't match the account linked to this email address. 

If you're logging in with your FB email and password you should see your People List with all your Facebook friends. 

However, your 'Favourites' section will now be empty as this is a whole new account. You'll need add those friends to your 'Favourites' again via the People page. 

Highlighted

I've done the same!!!! I look after PeachesBarHarrow facebook..i signed up for Spotify Premium and i mistakenly did it with PeachesBarHarrow!  have paid my 9.99. but i want it on my own facebook.. mhairistylist

HELP!

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

Hi mhairistylist - We can help sort out both your subscription and the playlists between the two accounts. 

First need to confirm some details though. Can you pop us an email via the contact form please?

Highlighted

My problem is my bands FB page never subscribed to Spotify and now mobile users are seeing music suggestions that are not us or anywhere near our genre.  It's basically spamming us. . . not very professional.  FB, it seems, has not interest in helping us.  How can I fix this?  

I can provide further specific infomation in future comminications.

Randy

[Snip - Mod edit - Email address]

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

Hi Randy,

I'd suggest contacting us via the contact form here, as we can't really help on this thread. Once you've emailed in, an advisor will get back to you as soon as they can.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Highlighted

I signed up on facebook. Now I want to delete facebook but when I log into my spotify it obviously reactivates my account. Do I need to cancel this account and make a new one or what?!

SUGGESTED POSTS