Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Facebook attached to my account

Solved!

Wrong Facebook attached to my account

So you've logged in with your Spotify username only to see your friend's Facebook picture and name in the top right hand corner. Now your listening history is on your friend's Facebook--what to do?

Not to worry. This can be fixed in a matter of seconds. 

Head over to your Preferences Page within your desktop app: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

From there select 'Disconnect from Facebook' under 'Social Network'. You'll know it's disconnected when the button changes to 'Connect to Facebook'. 

If you'd like, you can then link to your own FB. That way this error can't happen again in the future 🙂 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@imouro 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @kryger

That's not good to hear.

Just to check, make sure that you're mother is logged out of her FB account on the browser/app. How does that help?

If you're still having trouble, I'd recommend that you reach out to our contact form.

If you reach out to the team here, you may receive an automated reply. Don't worry though, just reply back to it and the right team will get your email. They'll be able to take a look backstage for you.

Alternatively reach over to our Twitter team at @SpotifyCares.

I hope this helps!

Marked as solution

Hi, I didn`t connect with facebook with the button, what I need to do?

678 Replies

I disconnected my account from Facebook and now it won't let me connect back. There is no "Connect to Facebook" in my preferences. What do I do? 

Hi carlieb88 - The steps above only apply to users with a Spotify username. Users that joined via Facebook are not able to disconnect as the two accounts are linked. 

You've now created a new account with your FB as your original is no longer active.

I've helped transfer over there those playlists for you--you'll see them when you sign in again. 

HI Meredith, 

I can now see my playlists, but my friends aren't showing up under my people list. I was able to disconnect yesterday since it had my Facebook under juicycouturela for some reason. In View I have "People List" and it still looks at though I have no friends nor can I see what they're listening to. Can you please fix this as well?

Thanks,

Carlie

carlieb88 wrote:

I can now see my playlists, but my friends aren't showing up under my people list. I was able to disconnect yesterday since it had my Facebook under juicycouturela for some reason. In View I have "People List" and it still looks at though I have no friends nor can I see what they're listening to. Can you please fix this as well?

Hi Carlie - Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Is 'juicycouturela' your account username? Those details don't match the account linked to this email address. 

If you're logging in with your FB email and password you should see your People List with all your Facebook friends. 

However, your 'Favourites' section will now be empty as this is a whole new account. You'll need add those friends to your 'Favourites' again via the People page. 

I've done the same!!!! I look after PeachesBarHarrow facebook..i signed up for Spotify Premium and i mistakenly did it with PeachesBarHarrow!  have paid my 9.99. but i want it on my own facebook.. mhairistylist

HELP!

Hi mhairistylist - We can help sort out both your subscription and the playlists between the two accounts. 

First need to confirm some details though. Can you pop us an email via the contact form please?

My problem is my bands FB page never subscribed to Spotify and now mobile users are seeing music suggestions that are not us or anywhere near our genre.  It's basically spamming us. . . not very professional.  FB, it seems, has not interest in helping us.  How can I fix this?  

I can provide further specific infomation in future comminications.

Randy

[Snip - Mod edit - Email address]

Hi Randy,

I'd suggest contacting us via the contact form here, as we can't really help on this thread. Once you've emailed in, an advisor will get back to you as soon as they can.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I signed up on facebook. Now I want to delete facebook but when I log into my spotify it obviously reactivates my account. Do I need to cancel this account and make a new one or what?!

I am having the same problem.I signed up using my facebook account but now for very serious private reasons,I want to disconnect my facebook from my spotify.I want to log in only using the Spotify log in,what do I do

@nansunn wrote:

I am having the same problem.I signed up using my facebook account but now for very serious private reasons,I want to disconnect my facebook from my spotify.I want to log in only using the Spotify log in,what do I do

Hey! Welcome to the community! 🙂

There is currently no way to seperate your Facebook and Spotify accounts if you created your account using Facebook. You will need to create a new Spotify account this page, by clicking on the "Create a new account using my email" button at the bottom. You will then need to contact customer support using the online contact form with both your account details and ask them to transfer your subscriptions and playlists to your new account. They can then close the other one.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello Spotify.

I have a problem which has annoyed me enormously for the last month, and now I can't have it anymore, it has to be solved.

So I started this spotify account named Salemyr ages ago, when you needed an invitation. My brother also came a long some time later, and had a few playlists on the account. 

BUT somewhere on the road, when spotify got connected to facebook, my brother was the first one to connect "Salemyr" to facebook, his facebook.

Then I, by mistake it must have been, created this new spotify account via my facebook. So, now when we have tried to get my facebook back to the Salemyr account, it's still Jakob who is connected and it annoyes me because I love to share music with friends. SO I NEED TO GET IT BACK.

Jakob has for a long time now unconnected the Salemyr account from his facebook, so the social part is invalid, but he is still there, and when I try to connect to my facebook, (under preferences), it doesnt happen anything. Could it be that I already have an account connected to my facebook, in that case, can you please delete that **bleep** without premium, and get me connected with my first account Salemyr which is premium.

SO TIRED OF THIS, SHOULDNT BE THIS HARD RIGHT...

Best Regards,
Filip

Hi Salemyr - You should be able to connect your Facebook to 'salemyr' no problem. Nothing is currently connected to that account. 

What options are you seeing when you go to your Preferences Page? Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

Thank you for your answer - but the problem is still there.

That's right, nothing is connected to my Salemyr because my brother unconnected it from his facebook. So there it is all green, BUT when I try to connect it to my facebook, I log in with details and so on, nothing happens, the box just closes itselfs and I have to start again...

And that got me thinking, maybe it is that way BECAUSE I already have an account connected to my facebook, so can you please delete that one (Filip Salemyr's account on spotify via facebook), cause I really want Salemyr to be connected.

I go to preferences, and then connect to facebook, and yes nothing is connected, but it closes itself when I try...

Hi salemyr - It seems Jakob was able to link to your account again. I've just removed his account though. 

Please give that another go via your Preferences Page: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

THANKS!! 😃

All good now!

My account Salemyr was connected to Jakob Salemyr, but it's linked to nothing now... I tried to do as you said now, and it gets to "disconnect from facebook", I have logged in with my details to facebook, but still no people list and friends to the right. 

AND when I log in with my facebook to spotify, it's still the other account that I created via facebook. I want my facebook to connect with Salemyr, and it doesn't.

Can you please delete the Filip Salemyr account on spotify (account number: 1121211305). So when that is gone, maybe it will work when i Connect Salemyr to my facebook... aaaaaah annoyes me a lot..

Hello! 

I've got a problem. 

I¨ve got a regular spotifyaccount since 2010 i think. "feejNt"

But a few months ago i started to login with my email, facebook account. I've got my new playlist and so on.

I would like to keep logging in with my facebook because i got some playlists overthere that i'm listening to daily. 

But when i'm trying to login with my facebook account on spotify i automaticly login with my older account. "feejNt" 

I cant edit my playlist or what so ever from the lists that i have been subscribed from "feejnt" to my facebook account.

Now i did this, like u said. I Do not have any "connect to facebook" at my prefrences page.

Can you transfter my playlist to my facebooklogin? 

Because when im logging in with my facebook account now, i do now have any playlists att al... 😕

Please help! just bought spotify premium at pressbyrån and i would like to redeem the code on my facebook account, if i get my playlists back 😞

by the way, when i've subscribed to one of my list from the facebook account, and it a number that "owns" the list? 1120270898 <

I've tried to login with that "ID NUMBER" but it doesnt work. please help me..

Suggested posts