Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong PSN account linked, cant unlink?

Solved!

Wrong PSN account linked, cant unlink?

My PC was still signed in with a friend's account and even though i entered my own email & pass in the final box my Spotify Account still got linked to his PSN account.

I've been trying for abit and there doesn't seem to be a logic way of unlinking. Anyone knows how i can?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

From the help guide:

https://support.spotify.com/article/spotify-on-playstation-how-to-use/

I linked my Spotify account to someone else’s PlayStationNetwork.  How do I disconnect the link?
You can unlink your PlayStation Network account from Spotify by reaching out to Sony customer support and letting them know your username. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

https://link.playstationmusic.com/spotify/details/

Click this link and log in with the old PSN id, if you can, or have your friend do so. They can click unlink from there and that worked on my PS4

View solution in original post

103 Replies

I'm with the same problem here.

Yeh I'm having this problem too, really annoying... If anyone could help that would be great!

Error Msgs: http://i.imgur.com/YOzipDP.png

Similar problem. I signed in to spotify on a friends account (we use the same console), but now when I try to open the Spotify app on either of our PSN accounts, it says that my Spotify account is linked to another PSN account. No idea how to unlink.

Marked as solution

From the help guide:

https://support.spotify.com/article/spotify-on-playstation-how-to-use/

I linked my Spotify account to someone else’s PlayStationNetwork.  How do I disconnect the link?
You can unlink your PlayStation Network account from Spotify by reaching out to Sony customer support and letting them know your username. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This doesnt work. There is no place to sign out of spotify on the playstation..

I also called Sony Customer Service, and there is no way to remove the link.. They said they can cancel my 2 month subscription through PSN, but I cant unlink the account 😕

Not sure why this is set to solved, it's not solved at all.

I'm logged out of everything everywhere, still gives me the message...

That is odd. I made the same mistake and followed MattSuda's solution and it did work (on PS3).

I'm having the same exact problem. I accidentally link my Spotify to another PSN account i had a while ago and i no longer use. I want to disconnect the link and re-link it to my current PSN account. I kept getting the same message that you're getting. I've contacted Sony and the reps don't seem to know what they're talking about or they just don't understand. I've looked everywhere for a number to call Spotify but it seems that you'd be luckier finding a needle in the sahara desert. I know more and more people are going to have that problem, and i'm just hoping it's going bring up more attention to this issue so that they can fix it. They're just have to be a way! 

Did the same....

same problem - Spotify is linked to my other PSN account, cannot unlink - so cannot use spotify on new PS4 - any sign of a fix ??

, thanks 

Hey guys,

Just to clarify, have you ensured your PlayStation account is fully logged out on your friend's console? Your PSN account will essentially need to be 'removed' from their console.

This is really poor design. Are you really telling us that there is no way to unlink?

Hey @BobbyKozakow,

If you want to unlink the accounts you'll need to log out from your Spotify one. In case you forget to do it on a friend's console, you'll need to ask he/she to do it for you. More information here.

We'll pass your feedback on to our developers. 

Thanks!

There is no option to log out of spotify on Playstation 4. Even Uninstalling the app does not 'log out'.

solution worked on ps3 for me!

This does work. i just replicated it. What you need to do is log into the incorrect account, go into Spotify and navigate up and then to the right where the account icon/picture is. Click on that and go to 'Log out." Then you can log into the new account

hola mira tengo un problema similar lo que pasas es que me dice en mi sistema ps4 que la cuenta no puede estar activa por mas de 14 dias en el extranjero y no me deja cerrar sesion ni nada 😞 si me hago premium podre volver a ocuparla?? 

You sir, are a GENIUS! I did exactly that and it worked for me. I logged to the PS3 using my old account, logged in to Spotify from there, and logged myself out of it. After i was done i deleted the user i had to create to log in to my old account from the console, logged back in to my current account and linked to Spotify. It all works fine now thanks to you man. I only wish the reps knew about this and told me. I could've gotten an extra month premium free but now it's too late. But i'm glad at least now things are okay.

Below is a chat I had with someone at Playstation Support. Hope this helps!

Roberto: In order to unlink an account from Spotify we remove the auto renewal option which I can see you already did, now you only need to wait for the subscription to end and after that you will be able to log out from the app and your PSN will no longer be tied to Spotify.Roberto: Your subscription ends on 08/19/2015

Suggested posts