Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong PSN account linked, cant unlink?

Solved!

Wrong PSN account linked, cant unlink?

My PC was still signed in with a friend's account and even though i entered my own email & pass in the final box my Spotify Account still got linked to his PSN account.

I've been trying for abit and there doesn't seem to be a logic way of unlinking. Anyone knows how i can?

Thanks.

103 Replies

Log out of first account. Then delete Spotify and re download. Hopefully you can now make a new link.

Possible Fix Confirmed:

Hi all, the solutions marked on this thread probably won't work for a lot of people but I may have a fix that works for you. It worked for me.

If you don't have the login information for the account that is linked then you're pretty much out of luck but I did find a possible solution if you have SOME info on the PSN account that is linked to Spotify

Long story short, I linked Spotify to a PSN account, deleted the profile, and forgot I had linked it so I ran into a problem that lot of people are having. The difference with me is I had a few ideas as to which account it was linked to so this is what I did.

1. Gather online id's or emails of the PSN profiles that you think your Spotify may be linked to. You need information that would direct a Sony rep to an account.

2. Go here, scroll to bottom and start a live chat with a rep.

https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/Support-tips/

This link was hard to find on the site and I only found it when I tweeted PSN about my problem. They directed me here.

3. Tell them your issue then ask them to look up the accounts using the PSN online id or the email you gathered in step 1.

4. If they find one that has Spotify linked, they can manually unlink it

5. log back into spotify on your ps4 and it should be open and work like normal.

I just verified this tonight and I can listen to spotify again on the account that I want.

Hope this helps! As I was talking to the rep, he definitely told me if i didn't know the account that Spotify was linked to then there was nothing he could do. I only remembered my linked username bc i looked up Spotify receipt that PSN sends you when you download it and it tells you which user bought the app. It was then that I realized i made a new account, deleted it, and forgot about it.

I have the same problem. I am trying to create a new account to avoid waiting two weeks to sign up for Spotify family switching from premium. The fact that this functionality isn't there is outrageous. It's obvious Spotify doesn't value its members or their input. This comment will go completely unnoticed by Spotify or will garner some scripted response from a script reader.

The fact that there is a 5 page post about this issue from almost a year ago and that this is still a problem is unacceptable. Pure laziness on spotifys part.

What I can't understand is why spotify can't tell you which PSN account your spotify account is linked to? If I knew whose account it was linked to I might be able to tell them to unlink for me! But until I know which account it is, I still can't do anything!!. Is there a way of finding out the PSN account I'm already linked to??

Don't call it "Sign out of Everywhere" then. That's why we are here telling you we are having problems because your "Sign Out of Everywhere" is extremely misleading. Also - it didn't work at all since i was still signed into my phone after I pressed this button...

But seriously, you guys need a way better solution for people to link and unlink their accounts to PSN. First of all, your advice isn't enough You HAVE to read all the comments from users here to even know the whole process of how to unlink the wrong PSN account. 2nd, as a paying customer of premium, I should have complete access to my account without having to "ask a friend to sign out" or undo my autorenew. How stupid for you to make people undo their auto renew in order to fix this solution. I bet you get a lot of people not coming back after that... Please fix this! It's clear that there are enough people who this affects and that it's been a major thing people complain about for the last year. Why haven't you done anything about this?!

I'm dealing with a hacked account now. Some guy named Dan is using my account in his PS4. I contacted Sony and they are no help. Spotify hasn't been able to resolve this issue either. How is it that neither company can fix this issue? My account was hacked, fix this. It's unacceptable.

This is the douchebag that hacked my account. Spotify tells me that it's a Sony problem and I should contact them. I did contact Sony and they can't help, I don't have a PS4 or a subscription to their network so they can't who "Dan" is. I don't understand why the company I'm paying ( spotify ) can't remove an unauthorized user on my account. Absolutely ridiculous.
unnamed.png
unnamed-1.png

So it turns out that you can leave the application at the "link accounts" screen and the music will still play plus you can still choose songs and stuff with your phone. It's playing whilst I play fallout.

Try having your account connected to your ex's PS3 and not being on speaking terms with said person. I have now contacted PSN and hope they can help me

I found out I accidently linked a ps4 account that didn't work. Story in short: when creating an account on psnetwork something went wrong so I had to start over again, the account in the first attempt did exist, but was not accessible. I accidently linked this wrong account with my spotify account. 

I had contact with both Sony and Spotify, but in the end Sony helped me by deleting the other malfunctioning account. 

So for what it's worth, my problem is solved. But I think there are a lot of people here who just need a simpler solution from Spotify itself. 

Good luck everyone!

betting you have had no luck as I am going through the same darn thing

I contacted Spotify and had them reset/cancel my account and created a new
one 🙂

@Red_Minx

1. Go here, scroll to bottom and start a live chat with a rep.

https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/Support-tips/

2. Tell them your issue then ask them to look up your account using your PSN online id or your email.

3. If they find that it has Spotify linked, they can manually unlink it

4. Log back into spotify on your ps4 and it should be open and work like normal.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is not a solution

That's great and all, however what about those who have actually sold their ps3 unit and now have a ps4 and are trying to connect their spotify account to it? I have checked both of my current PSN logins and neither of which are linked to Spotify, yet I'm unable to link my account because it says either my spotify account or my psn account is connected already to SOME account. If what you're really telling us is that you have no actual access or way to disconnect people's premium account's from people whom they might have shared it with before you introduced the Family plan that nobody needs.. that's pretty ridiculous and as was previously mentioned very poor product design. I would urge you to find a solution to all these people's problems. Not you, in specific.. but Spotify as a whole needs to get it together. 

I msged Spotify and they helped me delete my existing account and recreate
it on the same email then transferred all my playlists. Went very smoothly.
In my experience that is your only option.

same here. stupid.

My old PSN gor banned. I can't use network features. Meaning I can't sign in to log out on that name.

My old PSN gor banned. I can't use network features. Meaning I can't sign in to log out on that name.

This is not a fix I am afraid... I have never linked another account on my PS4 with Spotify or vice versa.  This is simply another god awful experience on a PS.... why do I continue to waste my time and money of this...

Suggested posts