Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

facebook account login

Solved!

facebook account login

Hello everyone. Hope all is well. I just need some help with connecting my facebook account with my spotify account. 

So when I first opened a spotify account i did not have a facebook account. so I linked my spotify account with my mother's facebook account. Now i do have facebook account but i'm having trouble connecting it to my spotify account. the spotify account i have has MY username but my mother's name since it was connected to her facebook. I disconnected her account by going to edit, preferences, and disconnect account, but her name still appears. I connected to MY new facebook account but everytime i try to login using that facebook account, it says "Spotify desktop client communication failed." i tried several times reconnecting it to my new facebook account but it keeps saying that i've already authorized this app so i don't understand why it doesn't let me login or change my mother's name in the spotify app since it says it's connected to MY facebook account.

please help

thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mamush123 and welcome to the community!

I suggest you should get in touch with the Spotify staff by using the online contact form or by tweeting @SpotifyCares on twitter, so they can easily fix it for you / move or merge the accounts. 

If you get an auto reply back directing you to the help pages, just reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the employees will get back to you as soon as possible. (But could be that you have to wait until monday, I think they're not working at the weekends)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @mamush123 and welcome to the community!

I suggest you should get in touch with the Spotify staff by using the online contact form or by tweeting @SpotifyCares on twitter, so they can easily fix it for you / move or merge the accounts. 

If you get an auto reply back directing you to the help pages, just reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the employees will get back to you as soon as possible. (But could be that you have to wait until monday, I think they're not working at the weekends)

Suggested posts