Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iTunes gift card?

Solved!

iTunes gift card?

today i wanted to buy a spotify gift card to have premium this month, but i couldnt find any.
so i bought an itunes gift card insead, can i use the itunes money to get premium? that might be a dumb question lol

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

No that is not possible. iTunes gift cards can only be used for iTunes. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

No that is not possible. iTunes gift cards can only be used for iTunes. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I WON'T BUY ANYTHING if you can't use iTunes gift cards! I'll just get APPLE MUSIC!

Seriously why are you guys against getting money. I dont have a credit/debit card cuz im in highschool and i want an account. But no i cant get one because you wont allow us to give you money? Im sorry, i dont understand....

i'm 14 years old and all i want is spotify premium. i just got an itunes card for christmas and i thought i could get premium, but nope.

Exactly me 

SAME! You'd think they would solve this problem, it would allow more customers. It's probably easier for them to continue getting money from your subscription if its on a credit or debit card. #spotifyforfreshman lol

I was first able to download Spotify premium the first time I upgraded it with a n iTunes card but now it won't let me. I'm so upset and I'm switching music apps until they fix this.

Super lol.  

Expert

Why won't Spotify let me use an iTunes card. FIX URSELF

It is stupid that you can not buy premium with iTunes cards im 13 so I dont have a visa card or anything like that but I do have a iTunes card!!!!!!!

In the meantime you can check out this Idea below and give some Kudos and leave a comment.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Subscription-Buy-Spotify-Premium-with-Appl...

Why was it that before we could use them tho?

I am 11 and I badly want Spotify because soundcloud did not have good music so now your telling me that I can't pay for something with my own money I just waisted 25 bucks on an iTunes card for Spotify. God I am going back to soundcloud at least u can pay with iTunes there.

I´m sorry but since when is that not possible anymore? I remember last year around this time of the year i got an iTunes giftcard just to get spotify premium for a month to listen to music in the car etc. An everything worked perfectly! I´m a student so i don´t have a credit card etc i seriously bought a gift card just for this and now my money was spent on nothing or what?

same exact position for me, i bought a 50 dollar itunes gift card and spotify wont accept my money..

Spotify is so DUMB. Why can't we buy premium with iTunes! MAKE AN UPDATE PLEASE!!

Suggested posts