Free

Country

Colombia

Device

iPad, PC

Operating System

iOS, Windows

My Question or Issue

My wife had used Spotify on her iPad for years but suddenly, a couple weeks ago, the app was logged out and requested to log-in. She had forgotten the password so cliked on Recover password but it saysit can't send a password recovery email because  "that email is not registered". Wrote asking for help to Spotify support and got an automated reply saying she should ask the Spotify community. For curiosity she tried to sign-up with the same password and Spotify says that email is already registered!

Please help!!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I understand you, @GordonScott but those account issues are better handled by the SpotifyCares staff. There's not much for me or other users to suggest you now, and most of the times the help comes quickly through FB and Twitter. 

I'm sure they'll help you 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi @ecusersp, thanks for writing!

In this case I suggest you get in touch with the Spotify Cares staff - They'll be happy to help you further with this.

There are a few ways to contact them.

Another great way is to reach Spotify via Facebook support. Shoot them a message here: Spotify Cares.

Hope this is more helpful 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

I've been suffering the exact same problem. Login says the details are wrong, reset password says there's no active account associated with the email address, register says the same email address is alreaduy in use.

I've had to create a new account to get here to report the problem.

I've been messing about for over an hour just tring to find some way to report this, so at this moment I'm pretty fed-up.

Hey @GordonScott, thanks for writing.

I'm sorry about this. Just like I did with @ecusersp, I suggest you get in touch with the Spotify staff through the links in my previous reply.

Hope this is more helpful!

BittencourtSpotify Star

To be honest, at this moment I've had enough fighting trying to contact
them.
Too frustrating by half.
Marked as solution

I understand you, @GordonScott but those account issues are better handled by the SpotifyCares staff. There's not much for me or other users to suggest you now, and most of the times the help comes quickly through FB and Twitter. 

I'm sure they'll help you 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

I couldn't get to those previously, either, though I've now messaged them on the spotify.cares facebook page.  I'd previously tried the standard spotify page which offers no messaging them 😕

Thanks for your help. At least I may now have sent a mesdsage to them.

Unfortunately, this isn't the only problem, I also get no sound, which is likely a local problem as I can't point it to my sound card either. Noit a problem you this thread, though.

I'd already walked away from Spotify once after much frustration with the original account; now I'm starting over again 😞

No problem, @GordonScott.

Just create a new topic about this sound issue and I'll help you 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

Following your advice my wife contacted them by Twitter and they finally fixed the problem.

They said "unusual activity" and safety caused them to block the account but didn't explain what kind of "unusual activity" had happened. Also bad was there was no indication the account had been blocked, no email, nothing.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Hey @ecusersp, I'm glad everything is fine now.

Let me know if you need any other help 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts