Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

premium account with unidays student discount - not updating but i am paying

Solved!

premium account with unidays student discount - not updating but i am paying

I upgraded to premium with the unidays 50% discount about 5/6 days ago, money went out of my account on 07.02.14, however my account never updated on my phone or laptop (i previously had spotify premium with no student discount but my card expired in jan so i upgraded again).

I logged in to spotify online to check my account, and it says that I have not got spotify premium and still has all my old card details and transactions on there, not the new ones. So i log in through unidays as if i was redeeming the offer again, and it says that there IS a spotify premium account linked to my unidays account! but I remember double checking that it was my definitely my account i was logged in to when upgrading again so i have no idea what/whose account i am paying for, or how i can find out... 

Please help, i have used spotify for years and i need it back!! 

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It sounds like your not logging into the account you have upgraded. Double check your details, its amazingly easy to accidentally have two accounts, one with a Spotify username and another using your Facebook details. If you can't find your account, don't subscribe again as you might be billed twice, instead get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Marked as solution

It sounds like your not logging into the account you have upgraded. Double check your details, its amazingly easy to accidentally have two accounts, one with a Spotify username and another using your Facebook details. If you can't find your account, don't subscribe again as you might be billed twice, instead get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

thank you very much for your help! I had managed to create another account when upgrading, i think i got confused not making sure i was signed in to my spotify account BEFORE going through the unidays upgrade, and managed to log in with my email address which then created another account... not exactly clear and very easily done but spotify have been fabulous, deleted the account and refunded what i paid. what a noob. THANK YOU SPOTIFY!! ❤️

i have the same issue, but i know i logged in as my spotify, i am now getting charged £9.99 but i have a receipt from spotify on the 2014-04-11 10:43 purchasing spotify premium for £4.99...

Hi @abing . If you get in touch here, the support guys can sort this out. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

i contacted them yesterday but still no reply regarding my situation.

is there a way to know what account the unidays login has been associated with?

Only the account team have access to that information. Have you checked your spam folder as you should have at least received an automated email by now. Is your correct email address shown here?

I have received an automated response. iv basically been charged twice. i had student account before, that was going to expire so used unidays login to receive 50%, i was charged £4.99 when i did this and on the 16th i have been charged £9.99 for premium. 

Ah OK - please reply to the automated email, if you haven't already done so to make sure your case reaches one of the consultants. You should hear back soon after doing that.

Iv got a reponse back from spotify:

Thanks for getting in touch.  I hope you are well.

I've taken a look and it appears that instead of updating your Unidays you actually created a second account which is why you received these charges.

Your new account was charged £4.99 and your regular account was charged £9.99. 

What I can do on this occasion is refund the £9.99, delete the new account and then you can add your discount to the correct account.

A heads up for anyone that has this issue!

Sorted!

the one thing i dont understand is that i only have one spotify account. how can the unidays discount be applied to a second account? the money is coming out of my bank account of a second account that i didnt create?

Sadly, it's all to easy to create a second spotify account - happens all the time. For example, if your accout was created linked to facebook, you log in with your facebook credentials which is an email address and password. But you could also log in with your spotify username and that would create a new unlinked account. This can work the other way around too, using a facebook login instead of a username.

Suggested posts