Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Notice of completion of deletion request" spam

Solved!

"Notice of completion of deletion request" spam

I successfully closed a Premium account recently. After about 2 weeks I've started getting emails from Spotify telling me that my account deletion was successful. Thing is, I'm getting several of these messages each day!

Does anyone know how to stop them? Or do they need to turn their computer off and back on again...?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey all, 

This is an Ongoing Issue which you can find more information about and add your +VOTE to here

Hope you'll find this useful.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

I am having the same issue and cannot find anything on it or anyone else with the problem!

I've gotten like a dozen of these over the last two or three days. Tried logging out and changing my password - that didn't help. Upgraded my plan to Duo, that didn't change anything.

I am waiting for a response from Spotify regarding this issue. I will come back and post what information I receive 🙂

if they have a fix please let us know 🙂

The fix needed is on their end. The only other way would be to filter the emails out and chuck them straight in the bin (which is easy enough in Gmail, but why should I have to?)

I'm having the same issue, I'm glad its legit! Please follow up when you can, these look like phishing emails and make me very nervous when they keep popping up in my email.

I'm getting about 10 a day at the moment. It's nuts.

I got a reply from Spotify saying that they are working on solving the issue and it should be resolved "in a little while". So I guess if you are having the same issue it will be resolved for you as well. If not I recommend sending an email to <snip - Moderator Edit> and hopefully they can help you directly.

Spotify is actively looking into this. I have been receiving an email about every 15-20 minutes like previous users mentioned above. After contacting their customer service advisors a few times they told me the following:

"I've had a closer look and can confirm that we're aware of this issue. Don't worry, we're investigating on this matter and are working on a fix to stop this. I understand this must be frustrating and sorry to keep you waiting. We've already received reports on this matter and this is now being investigated."

Hopefully this gets resolved soon, its slightly annoying 🙂 

Thanks for the update 🙂

Yes, I've been having the same issue. They did say that it was 'fixed' but I've noticed that it hasn't been fixed for everyone. I'm getting about 21 emails a day.

I've only had two today so I'm hoping that's it sorted for me at least!
Marked as solution

Hey all, 

This is an Ongoing Issue which you can find more information about and add your +VOTE to here

Hope you'll find this useful.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts