Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

remote connection security issue

remote connection security issue

Hi 

My friend lives in other city and other country and he has my playing device on his account  (because i gave him access some time ago when he was visitng me) so he is able to play music on this anytime from anywhere)

I am not able to remove him from device list (device does not have such functions/api).

Even if i do it, i suppose since he has all parameters of my device in his account, he would be still able to connect back.

please advise how to proceed. I dont want to ask my friend to remove my device from his device list, i want to get back control of my device.

3 Replies

Hey @panMaltan,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Do you mean that your friend is logged into your account? If that's the case you can use the log out everywhere function on your account page. We recommend also setting a new password.

If that doesn't do the trick, could you give us some more info on the device in question, so we can help you find a fitting solution?

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mihail

i wrote: my device on his account.
my account has nothing to do here.

performing factory reset of device (Denon) does not help, as it is already mapped in his account.

additionally: there is no option in spotify itself to remove device from list. This is already mentionted in 'sing from everywhere page':
Sign out everywhere
This logs you out of Spotify everywhere you’re logged in, including the mobile, tablet, web player and desktop apps. This doesn't include partner devices (e.g. speakers, games consoles, and TVs), so for those go to your apps page and choose REMOVE ACCESS.

there is no 'remove access' available.

hope its clear now.

Hey @panMaltan,

Thanks for the clarification.

Since his account is logged in on your Denon receiver, it would be best to get in touch with the other person, you could ask him/her to remove your device from here. And then logging out from here.

Nevertheless, a full reset to factory settings should remove any associated Spotify account from the device.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts