Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

3 problems with the app right now

3 problems with the app right now

1.) It is not possible to change the position in a playlist. I do not want to start the play and then change the order. I want to arrange the playlist in the app. And here is why: You may or may not have heard that playlists or mixtapes as I sometimes call them when shared with friends, rely on a certain order. I don't want to tell my friend, who I created a farewell playlist for, that he has to arrange the songs on it, until it fits my idea. I just want to create the playlist, arrange the tracks and then share it. Why is this only possible on a desktop?

2.) Spotify is not capable of tracking the progress in an audiobook. My workaround is working but devastating and feels like having my first mp3 player again. I have a playlist, I put the whole audiobook in it and then I delete every single file I heard. Whenever I forget to... Idea: Treat audiobooks like podcasts and remember the played state. OR: Make it possible to flag a playlist as an audiobook-playlist so it keeps track of it.

3.) Deleting songs from a playlist is not as easy as it should be. How can I delete songs from a playlist in the app? I go to the playlist, pick the song, delete, gone.

When do I notice that I want to delete the song from the playlist? While I listen to it. So if I don't have a playlist of 10 Files it get's messy. Or in my case: 700 songs mobile playlist messy. I would like to clean it up, but whenever I find a song I don't like to listen to anymore I have to go to the playlist, use the search bar to find that certain track and delete it. Yes, sure, I could scroll all the way through the playlist until I finally find the green highlighted song I am looking for. But... I don't want to. It is not easy. It should be easy. Right? Suggestion: Make it possible to delete a song while you are in the playlist mode. And if your developer says now that it is not possible, because whenever you start a playlist, you don't actually play the playlist and just fill the playing queue with all the songs in the playlist, then tell them to fix it by searching for the song inside all of the users self created playlists and make it possible to delete from them. With checkboxes maybe 😉

Cheers, thanks a lot

3 Replies

1. Vote here.
  2. This idea was marked as "not right now". Have you tried Audiobook Player for Spotify?
  3. Vote here.

Yeah cool. Don't think it will help any time soon.

2. I have tried the Audiobook Player and it is a mess.

Yes, the position is saved, but it has no display on the lock screen nor does it react to the action button on my headphones.

I think I might try out another app for a while.

Suggested posts