Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

48 Hour Trial

Solved!

48 Hour Trial

Just downloaded the Spotify app for Android. I created a free account and logged in expecting a 48 hr trial, but the app will not stream anything and simply staes that a premium account is required to stream music etc. 

I also have a Samsung smart TV  which has the Spotify app. This also promises 48 hrs free to trial the service, but logging in with my free account and same result: "Premium account is required".

Any ideas what is going on? My free account is not even an hour old.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It's a brand new account, not linked to Facebook. Now all resolved though - about 10 minutes ago I got an e-mail welcoming me to the free trial and it has been working ever since!

I can only assume there is some delay with updating Spotifys servers or sum such.

Anyhow, thanks for taking the trouble to reply,

Cheers,

Cliff

View solution in original post

5 Replies

That is definitely weird. Is this a new Spotify username account or did you register using Facebook? 

You can also get a 30 day free trial: https://www.spotify.com/freetrial/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

It's a brand new account, not linked to Facebook. Now all resolved though - about 10 minutes ago I got an e-mail welcoming me to the free trial and it has been working ever since!

I can only assume there is some delay with updating Spotifys servers or sum such.

Anyhow, thanks for taking the trouble to reply,

Cheers,

Cliff

I can't get the free trial is it each time I log in cause if that's the case then it's not working I don't even get an email

@Ancientninja1 wrote:
I can't get the free trial is it each time I log in cause if that's the case then it's not working I don't even get an email

if you've already had a free trial (could be years ago) you can only get it once. Is this the first time you've registered? Did you follow a link to register online  or did you do it direct from within the app?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Where do you get the free 48 hour trial

Suggested posts