Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

A-Jays Five remote problems

Solved!

A-Jays Five remote problems

Hi

I recently bought my a-JAYS Five and tried using them with Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy s5. When i tried using the remote, it started playing a song which was saved on my phone. I deleted all songs from my phone (only had one song), and tried again but it wouldnt play any songs on spotify. If i manually played a song on spotify it would only pause the song but not play it. The only way i made it play a song was when i came back from using the S-Voice and quickly tried to play a song, Then it would play one time and tahts it. I cant change a track or anything else. Just control the volume or got to S-Voice. It was working perfectly with the headphones i got with my phone. There is no problem with sound or anything, just the remote which wont work the way it should on spotify. Hope you guys can help me here.

- IZI

Edit: Now the original Samsung headphones wont work. They worked perfectly until yesterday. I havent done anything on my phone other than install the a-JAYS app...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi. The JAYS headset control app is known to conflict and block the commands to the Spotify app. If you uninstalling this it will work again. This is an issue with the way the JAYS app hooks into the media control commands of android and needs the developer of that app to allow it to release those holds.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi. The JAYS headset control app is known to conflict and block the commands to the Spotify app. If you uninstalling this it will work again. This is an issue with the way the JAYS app hooks into the media control commands of android and needs the developer of that app to allow it to release those holds.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts