Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add local files without sync or adding them automatically to Spotify

Solved!

Add local files without sync or adding them automatically to Spotify

Hi,

I decided to buy Spotify Premium to try it out since I really like the idea of having quick access to a lot of music. As of now, I've collected music and stored it digitally on my phone so I've got about 50 gb of local music on my SD card. Since it's a quite big library I would like to simply add it to Spotify so I can play both my local files and music from Spotify. 

Obviously it isn't that simple anymore and from what I understand I've got to move all my music to my computer and then sync it to Spotify. The problem is that I only have a small SSD drive in my computer and my SD card is full so I can't move all my files to my computer and sync it easily. So I've got two questions,

1. Is it possible to add them to my Spotify library without first moving them to my computer?

2. Is any other way of adding the same music I've stored locally to Spotify? By for example using some app that scans my local files and finds the same albums on Spotify and then adds them to my Spotify collection. It would be too much work to add every single album manually on Spotify. 

Appreciate some help :-). 

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

At present the Spotify app will only play offline files from its cache which is encrypted. It does not support playing of local files.

There is an idea already suggested to add this ability, if you would like to show your support please go to the idea below and add some kudos:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Use-Existing-Song-Files-on-Mobile-Devices/idi-p/17696...

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

At present the Spotify app will only play offline files from its cache which is encrypted. It does not support playing of local files.

There is an idea already suggested to add this ability, if you would like to show your support please go to the idea below and add some kudos:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Use-Existing-Song-Files-on-Mobile-Devices/idi-p/17696...

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thank you for your response. I'll just check out some other service and cancel my subscription since Spotify haven't implemented it even if the suggestion was given 2012. Too bad, I thought this was standard by now. 

Suggested posts