Added to phone Home Screen, cannot remove

Solved!
Highlighted

Added to phone Home Screen, cannot remove

Casual Listener

I've used the "Add to home screen" function to add a bunch of playlists to my phone's main screen for quick and easy access. Problem is I can't remove any of them. When I press to drag the icons, a balloon with "Remove" appears, but there is no way to interact with this balloon, clicking with a second finger or dragging the icon into the balloon does nothing. The only thing I can do to stop my screen from being swamped with icons is to toss unneeded icons into a rubbish folder. Not ideal.

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland

Device

(Honor 10)

Operating System

(EMUI 9.0.0/Android 9)

My Question or Issue

Screenshot_20191206_113519_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Added to phone Home Screen, cannot remove

Casual Listener

Turns out the problem was not with Spotify, but with the EMUI update that changed the logic of uninstalling & removing programs and widgets. Guess I just didn't know how to use my phone anymore. Now I do and the problem is solved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

Rock Star 8
Rock Star 8

Hey, @Suikanen 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Hey! I know it sounds simple and it's often overlooked, but could you try restarting your device? If it doesn't work, try a fast reinstallation of the app on your device. Just take a look at this article below to know how to do it:

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

hezorgRock Star 8
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted
Solution!

Casual Listener

Turns out the problem was not with Spotify, but with the EMUI update that changed the logic of uninstalling & removing programs and widgets. Guess I just didn't know how to use my phone anymore. Now I do and the problem is solved.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Rock Star 8
Rock Star 8

Hey again, @Suikanen 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and glad to hear this did the trick.

Since this helped solve the issue you were experiencing, we've marked your reply as a solution so that other users with a similar issue can find it more easily.
Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a great day 🙂

hezorgRock Star 8
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS