Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Added to phone Home Screen, cannot remove

Solved!

Added to phone Home Screen, cannot remove

I've used the "Add to home screen" function to add a bunch of playlists to my phone's main screen for quick and easy access. Problem is I can't remove any of them. When I press to drag the icons, a balloon with "Remove" appears, but there is no way to interact with this balloon, clicking with a second finger or dragging the icon into the balloon does nothing. The only thing I can do to stop my screen from being swamped with icons is to toss unneeded icons into a rubbish folder. Not ideal.

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland

Device

(Honor 10)

Operating System

(EMUI 9.0.0/Android 9)

My Question or Issue

Screenshot_20191206_113519_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Turns out the problem was not with Spotify, but with the EMUI update that changed the logic of uninstalling & removing programs and widgets. Guess I just didn't know how to use my phone anymore. Now I do and the problem is solved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey, @Suikanen 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Hey! I know it sounds simple and it's often overlooked, but could you try restarting your device? If it doesn't work, try a fast reinstallation of the app on your device. Just take a look at this article below to know how to do it:

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Turns out the problem was not with Spotify, but with the EMUI update that changed the logic of uninstalling & removing programs and widgets. Guess I just didn't know how to use my phone anymore. Now I do and the problem is solved.

Hey again, @Suikanen 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and glad to hear this did the trick.

Since this helped solve the issue you were experiencing, we've marked your reply as a solution so that other users with a similar issue can find it more easily.
Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a great day 🙂

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts