Country

USA

Device

Moto G Power ( XT2041-4 )

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Two issues.

1. Same two adverts constantly playing throughout the night ( taco bell & steyer university ).

2. When an advert break happens, sometimes nothing will play. It will last anywhere from 20 seconds to a few minutes. I usually have to just pop my screen on ( not even unlock it, just opening the phone to my lock screen ) and the advert will play and usually that advert will be the one of those mentioned above.

This started happening this December when I started listening while at work. It wasn't happening back in September when I was actively using the app. Nothing has changed setting wise on my phone. I cleared cache, reinstalled, no battery saver or optimization on either

5 Replies

Hey @delease

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update?

On another note, would you mind letting us know if this happens with a different internet connection as well?

Lastly, could you give us more details on what's happening with the ads you mentioned in point 1? Is this happening while the app is open or running in the background?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Sorry for the delayed response.

I noticed it around the Christmas holidays as that is when I started using spotify on my phone again ( used it during the summer and had no issues ).

Happens when connected to wifi and on mobile.

I haven't noticed if it happens while I have the app and phone open since I use this during work ( physical job ) so my phone is always in my pocket. So it happens while running in the background.

This past week was working fine and didn't notice it stopping much. Thought maybe an update happened but last night ( 2/23-24 ) was really bad. A song would play, then nothing. I just hit the power button ( to get to lock screen ) and it would show the app on the screen with the advert in the preview but it not playing. Then a few seconds later an advert would play. When this happens, it usually uses the same default ad ( taco bell ) In my case now its the taco bell gong advert. Then after that played it would go to the next song on whatever playlist. Sometimes it would stop again after that advert finished. Id have to pop the screen on again and it would go right back to the playlist. Had this happen a bunch of times to the point I closed out spotify for a half hour because it was aggravating me.

At one point I noticed it and waited to see how long it would take for the songs to start back up without going to the lock screen or opening the phone. Sometimes it was a few minutes, other times it was a good 10 minute+

When I was able to open my phone and look at the app, the advert didn't show the play symbol, paused or even stopped. It just didn't start

Hi there @delease,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you check the phone's battery settings and make sure that Spotify is set as an exception if you're using the battery optimization option?

If that doesn't do the trick, can you perform a clean reinstall of the app as this will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

No optimization on in terms of battery.
Done a clean reinstall a few times.
The past week its been running well, haven't had the issues like before. Could have been an update?

Hi again @delease,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us.

We're glad to see that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

Let us know if it happens again so that we can have a closer look into it.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts