Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album added to Home Screen starts playing on a random track

Album added to Home Screen starts playing on a random track

Plan: Premium @ $9.99/mo

I'm a software tester, so I'll explain the issue in a way that a developer would expect.

Steps to Reproduce
1. Navigate to any album

2. Tap on the "..." menu

3. Tap on 'Add to Home Screen'
4. Drag or "ADD AUTOMATICALLY"
5. Go to the place where the album icon was placed on your Home Screen

6. Tap the album icon

Expected Result

The album starts playing on the first track

Actual Result
The album starts playing on a random track

More Details:

As indicated in my Expected Result, I want the tap from the Home Screen to start the album from the first track. I also believe it's unacceptable to require the user to select the first track manually. 

That's not a good solution for my use case. I want to touch the album once and start playing it without any more interaction in the app.

This is either a bug or a feature. If it's a bug then please fix it. If it's a feature then please change it so there's an option to play albums in track order by default.

Any response indicating to me that I just need to select the first track will be a misunderstanding of my use case, and the use case of music lovers everywhere who love listening to an album starting from the first track as the artist almost always intends.

Not addressing this issue risks me leaving the service.

1 Reply

Hey @krafytdevil,

Thanks for reaching out to us and describing the situation so well!

Currently tapping the Home Screen shortcut functions the same as starting the album from the green Shuffle Play button in the album view inside the app. If you'd like this feature changed to the regular playback order,  we'd recommend you take a look in our Idea Exchange and see if someone has already submitted an idea for this and if not post your own.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to keep track of what changes our users are interested in and how popular a certain idea is. This page explains how exactly your feedback reaches Spotify.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts