Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Albums automatically shuffle with Android Auto. Shuffle is turned off on my phone and car.

Solved!

Albums automatically shuffle with Android Auto. Shuffle is turned off on my phone and car.

I have one month of Spotify Premium to check this service out, but I am encountering a strange issue:

When I ask Google Assistant to play an album like DARK SIDE OF THE MOON, it automatically shuffles the album. Shuffle is turned off on my phone and in my car. 

I have a Google Pixel 2 phone with Spotify and my 2019 VW has Android Auto. All are updated with the lastest software as of May 3rd. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm on an Android. So I did fix the issue, but I do think there is still a bug.

What worked for me was to select Spotify as the default music player in the google home app. You have to make sure it says it's the premium spotify and no free spotify. But by selecting Spotify as my default music app for google home, the shuffle issue was fixed on both my Android Auto and Google Home. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @user-removed thanks for reaching out to the community,

I have noticed the same thing, It also does a similar thing with playlists, where it gives your a radio on the playlist. I just noticed that playing albums will not be in order, must just be a bug.

Let me know if you find a solution.

Jack 🙂

Marked as solution

I'm on an Android. So I did fix the issue, but I do think there is still a bug.

What worked for me was to select Spotify as the default music player in the google home app. You have to make sure it says it's the premium spotify and no free spotify. But by selecting Spotify as my default music app for google home, the shuffle issue was fixed on both my Android Auto and Google Home. 

Hey @user-removed.

Glad to hear you were able to solve this 🙂

Let us know if you have any other questions about this - we'll be right here.

Take care!

spotify:track:2TJhS6snpoDp7awpxLNjHc

WOW, THANKS! This is the definitive solution to this annoying issue. I just checked and efectively my account was linked as free. I had to remove it by selecting other music provider and then when back to activate it, and it got correctly linked to my premium account. 

This is so annoying I threatened to cancel our family plan in the car today. I just looked at the Google Home settings on my app, and it already has Spotify Premium selected. I'm in a rental this week and noticed it again, but I also noticed it was doing it in the app when I added an album to the queue. Somehow that straightened itself out, except that it doesn't always start at the first song in the album. Any other ideas on how to choose and album and have it play, as released, through Android Auto without making a Playlist for each album?

Suggested posts