Premium Student

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy A32 5G

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

I signed up for Spotify 3 days ago, but the mobile app has given me nothing but trouble. The desktop client runs fine, but the app is borderline unusable.

For starters, albums or podcasts I search for rarely load. If I search for something, there's around a 70% chance it won't load at all, and I'll be stuck with a black screen.

Plus, the pause and fast forward buttons straight up don't work. On the rare occasions that they actually do pause/fast forward, they do it 5-10 seconds after I press the button, but most of the time they just don't respond at all, meaning I can't stop playing something without shutting down the app.

I have deleted/recreated my account, restarted my phone 3 times, and done a clean reinstall 4 times. Nothing has changed.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Jaysuhn42,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

That's an odd behavior. We understand that you've already tried running a clean reinstall a few times, but just to confirm, did you make sure to follow the specific steps in this guide?

If that didn't make any difference, could you try using a different Internet connection, like another WiFi network or mobile data? Also, try it on a different phone to see how it goes. This will help us understand if the issue is related to the connection, the device, or the account.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @Jaysuhn42,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

That's an odd behavior. We understand that you've already tried running a clean reinstall a few times, but just to confirm, did you make sure to follow the specific steps in this guide?

If that didn't make any difference, could you try using a different Internet connection, like another WiFi network or mobile data? Also, try it on a different phone to see how it goes. This will help us understand if the issue is related to the connection, the device, or the account.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Thanks, I did a clean reinstall, and changed the wifi, the app now seems to be working perfectly!!

Hi there @Jaysuhn42,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're really glad to see that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts