Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

All offline music deleted abruptly

All offline music deleted abruptly

I recently boarded a flight and prepared to listen to offline music - only to find that all of my offline music from dozens of artists had been removed from my phone.

What is going on here? I saw some other posts stating that the OS could delete songs if there was insufficient space, but I have plenty of extra space (>20GB) available. 

Very frustrating that I need to go back and manually add all of this, without knowing whether or not it will happen again. 

I've already re-installed the app once before for offline playback issues, please don't recommend reinstallation as this isn't really a troubleshooting step. 

Phone is a OnePlus X, Spotify version 8.4.5.1092 armV7

5 Replies

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the community!

Thanks for reaching out to us, we'll do our best to help you out.

If your Spotify app is deleting the playlists you've downloaded to use offline, a couple of things could be happening.

• Spotify Premium can be used offline in up to 3 devices, if you sync a 4th device, the first one will have all the downloaded music deleted.
  • Since Spotify's downloaded music is saved to your phone's cache, using cache clearing apps or completely running out of battery might delete it.
  • The last scenario, is having a duplicate offline device. Sometimes, due to a filing error, Spotify creates a second cache memory for the same device which causes the app to lose track of which cache to use. Try deleting your Offline devices by logging in here, and then reinstall Spotify.

If removing your offline devices and reinstalling doesn't help, it'd be best to contact our Support team via Facebook or Twitter.

Let us know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hi Alfredo,

I've only ever had Spotify installed on 2 devices since creating an account, so 4 devices is not possible. 

A current view of my offline devices only shows 1 device (my phone), so I don't think this is the problem. 

No worries!

In this case, it's best to contact our Support team. They'll take a closer look at your account to see what's going on.

Have a great day 🙂

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

An update -

All music just disappeared again. I contacted support and wasn't able to resolve the issue.

I only paid for premium for offline play - if that doesn't work, I have no reason for Premium.

Unfortunately cancelling my subscription.

An update here:

I've got a Galaxy S7 now and I'd genuinely like to switch back to Spotify if there is reason to believe the offline storage issues have been resolved or were device related.

I can't get a straight answer from support on whether or not there was an issue or if it's been resolved - just being told to subscribe again and find out.

Are people still having offline storage issues?

Suggested posts