Free

Country

Poland

Device

Motorola Moto G6

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Every time I try to view my spotify wrapped the app either crashes within a few seconds, the slide is not displaying properly (attached picture) or I get to see only one slide and when the next one begins the app crashes. I tried pretty much everything to fix this issue, but nothing seems to work.

Edit: no this has nothing to do with animation settings.

Screenshot_20211201-175901.png
28 Replies

I have the same issue, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra with most recent update installed.
Spotify wrapped story does not play correctly. It skips each screen. This happened last year as well with no resolution.
I've cleared cache, deleted and reinstalled app. Nothing works to resolve this issue on my end.

^^^identical problem -- it freezes and reboots the app. please fix!!!

Same problem. I hope they fix this very quick.

Same issue here.

same here! get two seconds through the first slide, then it crashes + reboots. huawei honor 6x, have un + reinstalled a few times. 

Same issue here as well.

Same issue as OP with same phone and android version.  Plays first few slides then freezes

Same here, thought it was bc of my old phone, im so glad that others have this problem too, as annoying as it is ^^

I got the same issue with my Honor 8 with Android version 7.0. Tried already different animation settings in the android developer settings, reinstalling and giving all permissions, but nothing seems to help. I could come maybe a few slides further with different animation settings but then Spotify crashed a rebooted again.

same here, impossible to watch my wrapped! 

uninstall spotify, then reinstall it. the banner should then be there. I had this same issue.

Guys I usually remove animations in visibility enhancements, im using Galaxy S21 and I just turned on and now i can watch my wrapped 🙂

Hi, I have the same issue as you and find some solutions here. I use Samsung A71 and just try to turn on the developer mode in my device and changing the animation scale to 1x or 0.5x(I had it turned off all the time) and it actually fixed my issue. Thought it will help your problem too.

Screenshot_20211202-110604_Settings_LI.jpg

Yes! Is it! 

Screenshot_20211202-015136_Settings.jpg

 Thank you so much to everyone! 

I have the same problem

Thank you for finding and noticing this! 

I wasn't able to access last years either. Wish I'd known this then. Thank you 🙂

Also, have animation settings at 1 and tried turning on and off to try different things. Also uninstalled and reinstalled, clearing cache and that made no difference

I tried everything normally tried, aka clearing cache, uninstalling, etc. Nothing. It crashes at the second slide. Then, I set my animation scale to the exact speeds everyone else was set to, and it worked, up until around halfway theough, when it crashed again and now it refuses to work. 

Another thing to add on is that a lot of the time it will freeze on a slide, if it doesn't crash

Hey folks, thanks for posting about 2021 Wrapped here in the Community!

Let's try to get this fixed. Could you follow the steps under: 'What should I do if my stories skip through slides (Android)?' on this page? Those might help to get things back working. Let me know how you get on!

All the best,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts