Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) not recognizing data connection

Solved!

Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) not recognizing data connection

Continual "you're offline" error although phone is connected to data.  Have already re-installed app twice but will only function over a wi-fi connection. Is there anything I can do besides upgrade my phone?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

After much back and forth with spotify staff, here's the solution for the app to recognize a data connection; it worked for me, at least:

Unmount and remove the SD-card from your device.
Open Spotify in your device
Go to More » Settings and select "Clear saved data"
Close Spotify and uninstall it from your device: Go to Settings » Application » Manage applications. Choose Spotify and press Uninstall
Put back your card in your device.
Install Spotify from m.spotify.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey there,

It's a BIG PROBLEM.

I've sent multiple emails to C-Level at spotify - below being my third one with no responses from them

to support, Nicholas, Charlie, Chug

Hi Team,

I hate to do this again, but it's that time of year.

Where is the update? Where is the communication with the Spotify community. You no doubt know that this is a big issue now with Internet Connectivity.

Can we run through how customer service works again please? I'm the customer and you're supposed to service me/product if something goes wrong, correct?

Is there a reason for the stonewalling? Is it that you don't have it worked out? Is it that you're just trapped under all that money 🙂 and letting your low level employees deal with the blow out?
Marked as solution

After much back and forth with spotify staff, here's the solution for the app to recognize a data connection; it worked for me, at least:

Unmount and remove the SD-card from your device.
Open Spotify in your device
Go to More » Settings and select "Clear saved data"
Close Spotify and uninstall it from your device: Go to Settings » Application » Manage applications. Choose Spotify and press Uninstall
Put back your card in your device.
Install Spotify from m.spotify.com

this is great for those who are logged in. I can't even login to get to my settings. HATE THIS APP NOW

Suggested posts