Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android 4.4.3]Touching crossfade slider sends app to background.

Solved!

[Android 4.4.3]Touching crossfade slider sends app to background.

I'm using Nexus 4 (4.4.3),Spotify 1.1.0.113 when i touch crossfade slider app closes itself.Any help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Android 4.4.3 with spotify 1.1.1.162 is fixed for me too. Anyone else?

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Yup, it looks like a glitch has crept in with 4.4.3. It doesn't crash the app, as such, but sends it to the background. I'll escalate to staff and I guess we don't mess with crossfade for now 🙂

Oh, I'm going to edit the subject of your post to something more specific. Hope that's OK.

Thanks for the report, we're looking into this! 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

I can also confirm this.  Running a MotoX XT1053 on Android 4.4.3

Also, there seems to be some bluetooth issues going on now as well.  Sometimes when I am connected via bluetooth to external speakers, if i start playing music, it will just play out of the speakers of my phone.  It appears as if Spotify is not recognizing that I am now connected to external speakers.

In addition to this, now whether I have sound muted or not, when my device locks, there is a 1 second skip in music playback.  Previously this did not happen.

It's early days but I have seen some grumblings, particularly regarding bluetooth, including this comment:

After updating to 4.4.3 on my Nexus 5, music routes to speaker instead of Bluetooth. I tried NFC pairing and still no success. I called Google hardware support and they said people are calling in with Bluetooth issues. He said they will track the amount of open service tickets regarding this issue and have the development team work on a fix. He said do a factory reset but I am glad I didn't b/c that doesn't seem to fix it. I had no Bluetooth issues on 4.4.2. Can't rollback to 4.4.2. I wish there was a fix

Yes, my development team has also told me that the bluetooth issues seem to be widely related to AOSP devices such as the Nexus phones and MotoX phones.  Absolutely zero issues when I was using Spotify on a Samsung Galaxy S4.  I was just hoping there might be something the developers at Spotify could do or maybe look into the issue.

I'm having the exact same problem.

Nexus 5

android 4.4.3

app jumps to background when touching crossfader in settings.

i'm really hoping for a update to fix this quickly, this is a major reason why I love spotify !!!

Thanks

I'm having exact the same problem. I hope the spotify people soon find a solution for this problem, because I find it a major drawback when using the Spotify app.

Crossfade also does not work on my Nexus 7

This issue was fixed for me on my Moto X running 4.4.3 with the update that came out around June 18. (version 1.1.1.161?)

Another update was just pushed out, version 1.1.1.162.  Will see if I can find a changelog for it but something tells me that it's more crossfade fixes for those that might still be having the issue.

I have a Nexus 5, with 4.4.4 and I had this problem. I uninstalled spotify and re-installed to try to get your version but I got the same one: 1.1.0.113.

Right now Crossfade is disabled, I will not play with it until I know this issue is fixed.

Regards.

sounds like it's rolling out super slow.  here you go bro

EDIT: it's pretty terrible that you can't post links to download the updated app while Spotify takes their sweet time rolling out an update that it's users need!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marked as solution

Android 4.4.3 with spotify 1.1.1.162 is fixed for me too. Anyone else?

worked for me too!
Nexus 4 - KitKat 4.4.4 and Spotify 1.1.1.162

😉

I got the Sptofify update to 1.1.1.162 and the problem is solved, Thanks!

(using Nexus 5 - kitKat 4.4.4)

Suggested posts