Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android 4.4] Spotify doesnt load images

Solved!

[Android 4.4] Spotify doesnt load images

Hey guys,
I have a problem. My spotify doesnt load any images anymore. No single covers, not in 'Discover', nowhere...

What to do? Im using the nexus 5 with android 4.4, wifi and 3g connections are ok.

Thanks

EDIT: I just changed the Subject to make it stand out 🙂

--

Edit by Per, to link to latest update from Spotify.

2013-11-27 update by Per.

2013-11-28 update by Per:

Thanks for your feedback, everyone. As this is resolved, I'm locking this thread.

Some users were reporting issues with lockscreen controls on KitKat (4.4). If you want to weigh in on that issue, please do so in this thread.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi folks, if you're specifically experiencing the issue that images don't show in Spotify, on a Android device with KitKat (4.4), you can try the attached file.

NB:

• This should be a fix, but use at your own risk. If you'd rather wait for an update in the Play Store, that's your choice
  • It's a test-build that we made just to see if it resolves this issue
  • Please reply to let us know if this is better, or not, and if not, why
  • If the .apk won't install, try removing the existing Spotify version
  • Please don't host this file anywhere else
  • Please try to refrain from sharing this link with the world
  • Credit goes to the fine Android development and QA folks who got this sorted. I'm just the messenger 🙂

File

Since we've rolled out an official, new version I've removed the download from here.

Community Ergo Sum

View solution in original post

197 Replies

This is a new one. Could you try reinstalling the spotify app as a first step.

Too bad, it didnt help :c

I wonder if there's an issue with Kit Kat/spotify compatibility. I'll keep an eye out and if other folks have similar issues, I'll escalate it to the staff. Meantime, could you get in touch with the support team direct by using the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted.

If you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

Done, thanks!

Same problem here. I'm running 4.4 Kitkat 

Uh oh. I think My Nexus 7 is due for upgrade in a few days. I have escalated this to the spotify staff but I have a sinking feeling 😞

I have the same problem. I just wanted to add that on all my other devices (iPad, PC), the images are loading fine.

Same here!

It's a general problem with 4.4 KitKat. I hope they solve it soon.

Same problem here. Needs fixing asap please!

I'm increasingly tempted by a switch to Google Music, depending on how long fix this takes might see me off.

Also same problem with Android 4.4

Same here. Android 4.4, Nexus 5

Same with nexus 5

Same here on nexus 5

Same here. No images with KitKat. 

Why does a new version of Android always break the Spotify app? It's ridiculous.

Same, Nexus 5

@Matze wrote:

Same here. No images with KitKat. 

Why does a new version of Android always break the Spotify app? It's ridiculous.

Wondering is it because parts of the Spotify application are written in the NDK rather than in java? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yeah, ive got the same issue as well on Nexus 5. Also, the spotify app icon could do with an update, looks rubbish on the Nexus 5's screen.

I am seeing no album art for any of my songs, either synced from desktop or from radio. They are visible on the desktop client and web player. I have already tried to remove all music and uninstall/reinstall the app but no dice. Does anyone have a solution?

Device: Nexus 5

Android 4.4 stock

Suggested posts